cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing Generated PDF Document as Attachment - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

A custom Print Form was developed using SFP Transaction and trying to send the Form to the vendors using an email attachment.

1. Used cl_bcs class for sending email. Attachment data(Generated PDF Output) was moved to solix_tab .

2. In the email attachment I see a PDF attachment with some funny characters and not the PDF Document I see in the print preview

Please advice me what I should do to the actual PDF document in the email attachment .

Thanks,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The below notes were applied 925305 917483 902575 and still we the junk chararacters are seen in the email attachment.

I am moving the generated PDF Document to Solix Table of the document. The custom email FM works okey when only text is passed .

Please advice.

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Did you manage to solve your problem?

I have encountered the same problem as you.

Can you share the solution if you had managed to resolve it?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

One possible solution could be:

- Set the "expand to fit" checkbox for both width and height for those objects which do not appear properly in the layout editor.

Best Regards,

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Which SP level you have?.

/Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

We are in Release 640 Level SP 14

Thanks,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

try these OSS Notes whether they are relevant for you. SP11 had that problem...and what adobe reader u have, is it 7.o and above?

925305 917483 902575

Thanks,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Please try this solution.

Characters that are not included in the ASCII character set are not displayed correctly due to an incorrect encoding setting of the browser.

During the display of the overview in the PDF format, errors may occur in certain versions of the Adobe Acrobat Reader. In this case, a blank page is displayed.

The problem is caused by a program error.

Adobe, Acrobat, Reader, PDF

Reason and Prerequisites

The problem is caused by a program error.

SAP WebAs sends incorrect encoding information to the browser so that the latter does not switch to the correct encoding utf-8 automatically.

Some versions of the Adobe Acrobat Reader may have problems with that, for example version 6.0.

<b>Solution</b>

Import the corresponding Support Package.(presumably SP4)

Alternatively:

The revised version with various changes in the translation is provided by the attachment of this note.

Refer to the detailed description in Note 13719 on how to download and implement the corrections into your system.

Thanks,

Raj.