cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Enforcer Request v5.2+: split Request into 2+ workflows using system

Former Member
0 Kudos

re: Access Enforcer Request v5.2: split Request into 2 workflows using system in AE Workflow Initiator

Hi everyone,

We want to have a complicated AE workflow for our SAP ECC production system involving SoDs, etc, but use a more simplistic workflow for other SAP Production systems. We want the end-users to be able to request multiple SAP Production systems in the same AE Request, but have it split into different workflows.

I have tried to accomplish this using 2 different initiators based upon request types NEW -or- CHANGE, AND APPLICATION, which is the SAP system. This does not seem to work. I have also tried using the role naming convention, which also does not work.

Is this possible to do? I know that the solution is not using an AE Forked Workflow, since that is for use with SAP and Non-SAP systems.

Thanks for all your help on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gary,

How and why are you trying to split request into 2+ workflows? If I understand why and on what criteria you are trying to do this then I will try to think of something.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Not possible with this product currently.

-john

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Is there a reason why you can not use a role based initiator?

You can split by roles, and roles can be assigned to systems...

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to have a simpler workflow for other SAP Production systems usinf only 2 stages and one path. The ECC original workflow has 7 stages with several paths, including 2 security team reviews. The whole issue is to make it a simpler workflow for less restricted SAP Production systems.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry John. This is not possible in the product. Only condition using which you can fork/split supported in CUP/AE is having SAP and Non SAP system. This is not available in 5.3 so upgrade won't help either. Open a message with SAP and see what they say.

You can route request to different paths depending on roles and change autoprovisioning to at end of each path.

Regards,

Alpesh