cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning with APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding APO and BI Integrated Planning. If we are using APO DP is it a good option to implement BI Integrated planning as well. because both of them have the same planning and forecasting strategies. Is BI Integrated Planning and alternate option for APO DP or can it be used along with APO DP for planning on certain reports. Thank you very much for your time.

Edited by: akshay27 on Oct 14, 2009 8:30 PM

Edited by: akshay27 on Oct 14, 2009 8:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay27,

I have personnally never use the BI integrating planning, but based on my knowledges; hopefully somebody with more experience in this area will be able to complete this answer!

Integrated planning indeed allow to realised more and more planning using BW infrastructure. The very big advantages is the user friendliness.

However this does not exclude the use a DP. Both can be use together, for example DP for your power user and integrated planning for collaboration. DP will be the "master system" enabling you to maintain CVC, run complex statistical forecast, validate foecast.

(I have seen a simialr implementation a couple of year ago using BPS).

Note for exaple that the new functionality "customer forecast management" in SCM 7 use both DP and IP.

You mentioned the possibilty to perform statistical calculation in IP... I haven't actually seen that, but I am not convince you will have the capacity of DP (seasonal planning, promotion, like profile... MLR, POS forecast...), If you know more, please let me know.

I hope this help a bit; now if somebody could provide more information about IP, that would be great!

Thanks and Regards

Julien

Answers (0)