cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

how r the posting keys determined in the accounting doc when an sd invoice gets posted to accounting ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In OBYC , For every Transaction event key (say like MWS) the debit and credit posting keys are maintained and for debit and credit keys G/L accounts are also assigned.

Those G/L accounts are assigned in VKOA also. and that is the reason when the SD invoice gets posted to accounting it will reflect to those Transaction event key (say like MWS) related G/L accounts also

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinath

Thanks for the reply.

When i run the transaction OBYC by default the Group is "RMK" Materials Management postings (MM).

I wasnt able to change this group either.How would i change it and what is the group for SD.Is it BIL ?

Thanks

Anil

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link where the same topic was discussed

[Add Transaction Type in OBYC|http://sap.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/sap-log-mm/add-transaction-type-in-obyc-1910356]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipati

Thank you for ur replies,i have googled on this topic a lot and gone through several threads but am not getting the answer.The first link u have given i understand it is for OB41 where in we define how a particular posting key should behave.The second link u have provided is for OBYC though the link only talks about the MM postings.My intention is to understand where is the link between the posting Keys and SD settings.How does the system know that it has to use 01 for customer and 50 for revenue credit.Is this something hard coded ? And is the transaction OBYC is only for MM settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Transaction code OB41 we define the POSTING KEYS as Credit or Debit.

and we will assign the ACCOUNTING Document type in the VOFA for our SD Billings

In the Transaction code OBA7 we will define the ACCOUNT TYPE (whether it is Customer or Vendor)

We willl assign the Document type to the COMPANY CODE in OBA7 and the Transaction .in FI in following

path: IMG->FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING->ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE & ACCOUNTS PAYABLE->BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS>OUTGOING INVOICES & CREDIT MEMOS--->DEFINE DOCUMENT TYPES.

There is no direct link between SD invoices to POSTING keys, you have to understand all the above integrations.

And is the transaction OBYC is only for MM settings

In OBYC we will assing all good movement transaction event keys to the GL accounts and respective POSTING KEYS.

Hope it is useful.

regards,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link

[Posting keys Configuration|http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sapfi014.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi