cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC- Vistex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have few questions related to ECC and Vistex link. Please help me.

1. How the data flows between ECC and Vistex? Is it through RFC calls or EDI etc?

2. What is the difference between ECC rebates and Vistex Bill back?

Thank you

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

Vistex is an Add-on to ECC, meaning Vistex is part of ECC, also ECC Rebates has a very limited functionality and does not support every rebate scenario in Distributor/Vendor's Rebate Lifecycle.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

You may also want to look at SAP Compensation Management. Like Vistex, it supports contract pricing and chargeback management, but it's a standard module and doesn't require additional license fees (it's part of Logistics). You can see my blog for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Please refer the link [http://www.vistex.com/main.php?spg2=2&prt=105]

For Chargeback Claims Management EDI is used.

Based on this data we can conclude that EDI is used for interface

2)http://www.vistex.com/main.php?spg2=1&prt=105 and refer SAP Help hope you will know

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vistex sits on top os ECC so they reside in the same box and just have different sets of objects and tables. So it need to use any RFC calls. It dorectly access ECC tables to pull data for the IP documents.

Also, ECC rebates is an agreement between 2 parties so the seller says that if the buyer buys 100 qty this month then he is eligible for say $1 extra per unit.

A billback is a scenario where there are 3 parties involved and needs an agreement between 3 parties. So there is a Seller, a distributor and the end purchase that ECC cannot handle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biswas,

Can you explain little bit more about bill back example you have given, How agreement is made between 3 parties in billback module?

Thank you all for your I/P.

Thank you

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

As most of fellow colleagues suggested Vistex sits on top of r/3 (Vistex is not part of standard r/3) or ECC. It uses different objects and database tables. However the data transfers from invoices to Vistex tables through I/P documents. Vistex configuration should define copy controls between r/3 invoice and i/p request, susequently between i/p request and i/p document. This i/p document posts accrual for settlement against a customer based on agreements defined in Vistex.

The main idea of having vistex is its flexibility in handling rebates (customer pay backs as well as vendor rebates). You can configure any complex agreement in Vistex. Apart from this Vistex supports pseudo customer hierarchies for paying backs. This pseudo hierarchies are more helpful when you have complex business structures (for example group of customers coming together to form a group in order to bargain better deals from vendors based on their volumes; this type structures are quite common in Europe and USA)

In a nut shell, vistex gets data from ECC immediately on creating invoice in ECC via data flow from invoices to i/p docs (no RFC or ALE is involved here)

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kris,

The below given is the example for Billback scenario.

Lets assume, there is a Manufacturer, Distributor and Customer for product X.

Lets assume Customer is located nearer to Distributor's location, but he has a good relation ship with manufacturer and is having pricing agreement between manufacturer and Customer.

When customer places an order to the manufacturer, Manufacturer may direct the wholesaler to sell the goods to that customer at discount price as per agreement between Manufacturer and Customer.

When wholesaler selles goods to such Customers, he is eligibile to get back the price difference as Billback from the Manufacturer as per the agreement between Manufacturer and Wholesaler.

For example, if the wholesaler's sell price per product is $100 and if the manufacturer directs wholesaler to sell the same product at $90 to a customer ABC. If wholesaler sells the product to ABC at $90, he is eligible to get Billback of $10 from the Manufacturer.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Mahendra Devarapalli

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Nice explanation Mahendra,

Few questions.

Can someone tell me the significance of the tcodes of vistex in ecc, and what could be done in these tcodes.. Can Vistex be used without SD? if so, what kind of scenario's and applications of SAP can it be connected to and configured to? Am sure someone might have worked on Vistex, and I would like to see some real responses instead of running in the loop.. Thanks,