SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with spool generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for invoicing ,when running mass processing system creating spool (based on application form given in contract account )due to this system performance is very slow . i need to avoid this spool generation.

please suggest..

Regards,

Rajkumar.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member587072
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ...

As for stopping the spool generation when running the application form, going to need a little more detail:

- Are you trying to print from EA60 or EA29?

- Using SAPscript or Smartforms to format the invoice?

- Can you describe the scenario?

One thing to check in regards to performance are the levels turned on in the application form. If the level is not be used, it should be de-activated or deleted.... this can greatly improve performance. For example, if no fields are being used from the PAYMENTS level then double click on the attributes of the level to de-activate it or delete it from the hierarchy.

Regards, Joe

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

-i run from both EA60 and EA29

-it is PDF based form

-in application form we created exit point to update ztable, we run to update ztable only but spool also creating when we run frm abv transactions

please suggest...

Regards,

Rajkumar

former_member587072
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajkumar ...

Don't have experience with PDF based forms (will have to do some testing). In the meantime, if your only running the application form to populate a z-table (I assuming to send to an external format vendor), then a SAPscript based form type is a good way to go.

There would be no SAPscript standard texts and no text elements in the SAPscript form itself (hence no output to spool). In addition, all the unused levels should be eliminated so you should have no performance problems.

Regards, Joe

0 Kudos

Yes Joe ,i agree but we need form for final bill or individual bill cases , that why we designed it .

Regards,

Rajkumar

former_member587072
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok Rajkumar ....

I haven't worked with the PDF based form type before but it looks like one of these 2 options will do the trick:

1. This one I use alot ....

in the during_doc_header, if the invoice is not a final bill or special case to print then issue a 'MAC_NEXT'. This will cause the invoice to be marked printed and not produce any output.

The only issue I see in your case is when the z-table is updated and what data is populated because the DOC_ITEM loop would not have occurred yet.

2. This one I haven't used yet but doing some testing, it looks like it will do the trick ...

In an exit PRIOR to the AFTER DOC HEADER, (so maybe after DOC_ITEM) clear the control variable c-smartprint ... this will cause the print_adform routine to exit and it appears produce no output. However, it will mark the invoice as printed.

PERFORM PRINT_ADFORM.

• execute processes after a document

PERFORM PROCESS_AFTER_DOC.

ENDLOOP.

CLEAR:

C-TABIX,

C-COUNT-DOC_HEADER-TABIX.

C-LINES = L_LINES.

C-FORM_LEVEL = 'DOC_HEADER'.

C-LEVEL_NUMBER = 1.

PERFORM USER_EXIT_AFTER_DOC_HEADER. ===> to call after doc header user exit ...

CLEAR C-COUNT-DOC_HEADER.

PERFORM CLOSE_FORM.

Hope this helps ..... Joe