cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling SAP Calendar in Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Currently, SAP Calendar is enabled in Outlook. This plug-in / add-on needs to be disabled though 😐

What can one do to complete this task?

Thanks and best regards, Casey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding.

1. What is "B1" and "OI"

2. I am not using these items and would still like to disable it. Can this be done?

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

B1 means SAP Business One and OI means Outlook Integration. You ARE using them. I don't know why you want to disable it. If you don't want them, you may uninstall your OI Add-on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Outlook Integration is a Microsoft product (or some kind of component associated with Microsoft)

Why must I disable a Microsoft component in Microsoft Outlook in order to remove references to a SAP product (B1)?

If I install Microsoft Outlook from scratch, the SAP product will not be a part of it.

Is there not a way to remove the SAP product from Microsoft Outlook? Once it is in there, there is no way to take it out?

I synch the Outlook with my Blackberry.

EVERY TIME I do this, I get MANY pop-ups (I would say at least 50) stating that it cannot find some kind of file(s) associated with the SAP Calendar. This is VERY frustrating.

The only thing I did was install the SAP GUI. I did not know that performing this action would cause problems with the Microsoft Outlook.

Again, I don't use SAP Calendar - AT ALL. I don't use anything in the MS Outlook for SAP - AT ALL.

If I don't use it, why should I be forced to deal with it?

The only way I can think of to keep this from happening is to disable all references to the SAP Calendar in MS Outlook. Then, maybe, I will be able to synch my Blackberry without such a big headache.

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Outlook Integration is a product from SAP. If you do not need it. You may uninstall it. Or reinstall Outlook to break the link with SAP B1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Casey,

Using the SAP Toolbar in Outlook, there is an option to disable the popups.

Default Settings> General> untick the "Associate with on save" tick box and the annoying popups will disappear forever!

If you don't want it at all, you can diasble the add on from your user in SAP - a super user will need to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After installing SAP GUi 7.10 build 14, SAP Calendar appears. Many users don't use it and complains about this option in Outlook. The dll file who loads it has no access rights for some users.

Can i simply fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have access to user login script, just added these line and it will be gone.

if fso.FileExists("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS\sapcalex.ecf") then

fso.DeleteFile "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS\sapcalex.ecf"

fso.DeleteFile "C:\Documents and Settings\[CURRENT_USER]\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat"

end if

Or, you can remove them manually on each user.

Good luck!

Regards,

Anthony

*This will work for outlook 2003. You will need to update the folder path if you are using different version of Outlook.

Edited by: AnthonyG on Mar 29, 2010 7:19 AM

Edited by: AnthonyG on Mar 29, 2010 11:49 PM

CPichler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

thank you for your constructive input which is a welcome change from the rather rude and patronizing tone of other postings here!

Cheers,

Christoph

CPichler
Employee
Employee

How to disable SAP Calendar in Outlook 2007:

In Outlook go to: Tools > Trust center > Add-ins, at the bottom

of the box you will see a drop-down list Manage: from this list select

Exchange Client Extensions > Go.

In the Add-in manager deselect the SAP calendar, close and then reopen Outlook.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Casey,

SAP Calendar in Outlook is essential for synchronization between B1 and OI. I don't think you could or there are any benefits to disable it.

Thanks,

Gordon