cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception caught by adapter framework: unable to create a socket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using Idoc to XI To SOAP scinario. I got a alert asying that some messsage id is error. When i am trying to monitor that massage by taking help of the messgae id in the alert the message was successful in the SXMB_MONI,. Then i Went to message monitoring There the message statu was syetem error. Errror log is *Exception caught by adapter framework: unable to create a socket*. The communication channel was inactive wehere as the statsu of the channel was active in the directory... what is the reasonm for this error. and how to resilev this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Do you mean in Runtime workbench, CC was inactive and in ID it is active?

If this is so, then in advance tab of your CC, there is an option of Adapter Status.

If the Adapter Status over there is Inactive, then make it active and then try testing.

Regards,

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Status in the directry is actrive.... but in the cc of runtimeworkbench Channel is started but inactive.... what i need to do..

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Can you pls tell, how did you solve your problem?

Regards,

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

The above issue is sloved ..... thank you all my issu is solved this is related to connectovity probelm not with communication channel or firewall.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you guys

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As pointed already, a socket exception occurs when then message cannot pass the Firewall settings....there will be a port configured to send message to the SOAP receiver.....ask network guys to make relevant settings so that the port is free from Firewall restrictions.

@Supriya --> Active/ Inactive status of the channel in ID and in CC monitoring are different things.

To change the status of your CC in RWB --> Stop & Start your SOAP CC....the channel will remain inactive till no message is passed through it....once a message is passed the status will change to success/ error.

You can also change the CC status to Automatic.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Is this problem solved?

Regards,

Supriya.

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with your network guys and confirm that the port you are using for this communication is able to pass the firewall settings....

socket exception occurs when there is a firewall restriction on the port...

Regards

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I have already posted solution in above post.

Go to advanced tab page on CC in ID and there you will have 'Adapter Status', make that Status active.

Your channel will be active in Runtime workbench.

Regards,

Supriya.