cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman Charms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing the CHARMS for a client for which implementation is going on and implementation project is created in solman...should i create another project as maintenance project or implementation project will help me to implement CHARMS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

For each type of project, one task list will be involved. If you have created only implementation project, a taks list , say I00001, will be associated with your implementation project. Now if you want to create any change request, you can select only subject of type implementation. If you go for any u'gent or normal correction, you will get an error saying "No maintenance cycle is open for the system".

If you want to use your ChaRM only for implementation subjects, your existing project is enough. Else you need to create a maintenance project also.

Hope this clears ur doubt.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can use existing Implemenation project.

Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Could you please little bit clear on the requirement.

1. If you want to move the Transports from Solution Manager then you have to create a Project in which you need to give necessay details. Basis also plays a vitol role in this regard.Because setting of TMS is one fo the key fuction here.

2. If you are Implementing the CHARM in Solution Manager. If you are a funtional Consultant you need to do the configuration in the Solman System. here if there is no concept of movement of transport in Solman ( Transport Movement out side Solman / with in the ECC. No need to create any Implementation Project.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

I think you could get more control over the change process if you create a new maintenance project rather than using an old one.

Rgds,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks alot but what is SAP recommended way....becoz...already one project is used for implementation and has the necessary user/landscape details....isnt't a duplication to create a new maintenance project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks alot

1. If you want to move the Transports from Solution Manager then you have to create a Project in which you need to give necessay details. Basis also plays a vitol role in this regard.Because setting of TMS is one fo the key fuction here.

As I said already implementation for various SAP scenario is going on for which all the configuration etc are done thru solution manager on satellite systems..for which RFC/ logical component is existing.Hope it is clear now.

2. If you are Implementing the CHARM in Solution Manager. If you are a funtional Consultant you need to do the configuration in the Solman System. here if there is no concept of movement of transport in Solman ( Transport Movement out side Solman / with in the ECC. No need to create any Implementation Project.

Now for implementing CHARMS further to above answer ..I wan to know wht is recommended way of going further should i create a maintenance project only for charms or should i use the existing one

I think the scenario is crystal clear so pls help me out.