cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Mapping 1:N Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My scenario is 1: n Split. I have created one intermediate structure (B) and doing splitting due to satisfy all business rules.

A is the source is the Target. (1: N split)

A  B

B C

A and B has the occurrence of 1.

B has the occurrence of 1. C has the occurrence of 0.unbounded.

I have specified the Source and Target interface is A  C.

I got the message type, but I try to give Message mapping for A B & AC, it is not allowing me to give two multimappings in interface mapping.

Please let me know have you found any answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can drag and drop your Message Mapping into

your Interface Mapping directly.

<b>Not Search Criteria!</b>

Please try it!

Regards,

Michikuni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have read the help.sap document.it says "The mapping for a request message comprises two message mapping programs: one 1:1 transformation and one 1:n transformation. Since the latter message mapping uses the multi-mapping envelope for both the target message and the source message, the message mapping for the 1:1 transformation must also create a transformation result with a multi-mapping envelope".could you please elaborate abt this?.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Your first mapping should have Messages, Message1 Structure like your second Mapping.

For this you can go to Messages Tab under Message Mapping and change the occurence of messages.. Similar way in the interface Mapping also.

If you obeserve your 1:N mapping structure you have Messages->Message1 wrapper for you message type right ? so similar way for the first mapping also..

Just check it..

Thanks,

Moorthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Your both mapping structure should have MultiMapping Envelop..because you are using MultiMapping in the interface mapping, i.e 1:1 Mapping with 1:N mapping.

Go thru this SAP Help-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4f/ef761a5ecfb1418b79896e10fe4c57/content.htm

Similar Discussion-

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P