cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (101) RFC_ERROR_PROGRAM: 'password' missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Often when i am running WD application i get the above message , after few minutes it's OK .

It happens every time that user is getting to the portal in the first time ( i think after restart the server ).

We use logon ticket , and the JCO connections are OK.

What can be the problem and how to fix it ?

Regards,

Faniel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

The Reason for this problem is:

The R/3 connectivity has been configured according to the

administration guide but you still receive the above error. There are still several prerequisites that have to be met on the server.

Solution:

Prerequisites for connecting to a Message Server (MSHOST):

1. There must be a file named sapmsg.ini under C:\WINNT and it must contain an entry for the R/3 system you are connecting to (the SID and the fully-qualified name for the server):

[Message Server]

<SID>=<fully-qualified hostname where the MS is running>

This file is normally created by the SAPGUI, it contains the listof all message servers that are available in your system landscape.

Entries in this file are created when you add a system to the list

in the SAPLOGON interface. If you do not have SAPGUI installed on the Portal server, you can copy this file from another machine or create it manually (make sure that the string '[Message Server]' preceeds the message server definitions).If you do not know the message server of your R/3 system, log on to it and call transaction al11, select DIR_PROFILE and double-click on the DEFAULT.PFL. The parameter rdisp/mshost in this config file tells you the hostname of the message server.

2. The file services under C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc must contain an entry that points to the port where the message service is running:

sapms<SID> <port>/tcp

After you changed the file, reboot the server for the changes to

take effect. If you do not know which port the service is using, log on to the R/3 system and call the transaction al11. Navigate to DIR_HOME and double-click on the message server trace dev_ms. There you should find a line that reads:

• I listen to port sapms<SID> (<port>) ***

3. Specify the logon group that you want to use with the parameter

GROUP:

<wpl:GROUP>SPACE</wpl:GROUP>

If no logon groups are defined, use the default SPACE. Upload the jcoDestinations.xml through the System Landscape menu and restart the Java engine.

Prerequisites for connecting to an Application Server (ASHOST):

1. If you are getting this error while connecting to an application server, please see note #458082 first.

2. Alternatively, you can also use the approach outlined for the message server (see above).

Regards,

Raj.

stoffel_erasmus
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I had the same problem. Thanks for your good explanation it help me.

Regards

Stoffel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Probably a solution can be found here:

/thread/222509 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Volker

Former Member