cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyon

In sap the material can be reserve against sales order or the delivery order.What is actually the settings i need to make to get going.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the purpose of creating reservation against a sales order???

If you are in MTO environment system will use sales order special stock (a separate stock segment) to store the goods against your sales order. Other sales order can use this stock only if it is transferred into their stock segment.

So, system plans and uses this stock only for the suitable sales order.

In MTS environment you plan the stock for all sales order (there are no separate sales order stocks). In tihis environemnt there's no point in reserving stock for a certain sales order.

Please revise your requirement, or please explain what you want exactly.

Regards,

Csaba

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Create the sales order and note down the order number

go to MB1B choose movement type 413 and enter plant etc and give your sales order number and save

Stocks will get reserved for this sales order

You can view the same in MMBE

You can also reserve using MB1B choose movement type 412 E provided your sales order itrem cate is with special stock indicator as E diring order creation otherwise you face error in PGI

MB1B choose movement type 413 will be ideal choice

also in availability check control parameters in OVZ9 for your combination if you tick include sales requirements and include deliveries then stocks will get reserved for your orders and deliveries

If there is 10 stock available if you mark the above settings then if you create sales order A for 5 units then out of 10 stock will get reserved for 5 then for order B open stock will be only 5 that is the balance

Similarly for delivery

But this not a hard code reservation

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Raja for ur reply,i tried to reserve the material with 401 but the system gives the error that {Account 55990101 requires an assignment to a CO object}.I hope this os the work of controlling module.

Thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

what he mentioned above he told go through the movement type 413. but here you are taking 401.

if you take movement type 413 then your problem can solve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the movement type 413(Transfer posting sales order in one step), but after entering all the entries the system gives the following error.

Deficit of SL Unrestricted-use 100 M : 9000182 1000 1003

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

system gives the following error.
Deficit of SL Unrestricted-use 100 M : 9000182 1000 1003

I beleive that you are getting this error while doing MB1B itself for movement type 413

If so to correct this error you need to mark your sales order item cate with E as special stock indicator

Mark your sales order item cate with E as special stock indicator and do the reservation with movement type 413 in Mb1B

Things will go perfect

I tested this too 2 days back after suggesting you

I too got this error

This means that anything you want to reserve against sales order properly in MB1B that item cat should have E as special stock indicator then only system senses

Initially i was under the impression that with movement type 413 there is no need to mark special stock indicator as E which is wrong

Now we have to find out what is difference between doing reservation with movement type 413 and movement type 412 E

Check this thread whether this is useful to you

Forum post in ERP - Sales and Distribution (SD) General: reservation

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Oct 16, 2009 11:34 AM