cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business process monitoring - application monitor

0 Kudos

Hi guys

Perhaps you can assist. I have setup a application monitor on SD Invoices AR , sales invoices not posted to FI . It is setup for one sales org and one distribution channel. It picks up 3 documents. The monitor runs at night . When I however pull the detailed report for the 3 billing docs, it takes about half an hour to run ? I have tried filling in more information eg billing type etc but there is no difference.

My other monitor - sales documents, orders GI date in past not delivered works fine, with quick response on the detail reported for exactly the same sales org and distribution channel . (176 documents ) . 1 minute.

What could be the reason for my invoices AR monitor taking so long to give me the detailed info ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks , I logged a call to the OSS and they are aware of the problem , it will be fixed in the next release

Kind regards

0 Kudos

Hello,

you cannot compare the performance of different key figures with each other as every key figure consists of one or more SQL statements of different complexity.

The Sales Orders with GI date in the past are first selected via index table VEPVG which is usually very quick and later on the big application tables are selected like VBUK. As long as the backlog is moderate the key figure is very quick.

For the invoices not trasferred to FI the main select is on table VBRK. With your retail business you have problem millions of entries in this table. The quesion is if an index on VBRK exists in your system that could support a fast query. And then you have to fill selection criteria according to the index needs.

If you don't come to a conclusion there, please open an OSS ticket on component SV-SMG-MON-BPM and we will see if we can provide an SAP note improving the performance for this key figure according to your specific needs.

Best Regards

Volker