cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in creating sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a contract of 10 ton. i have created a sales order of 20 ton with refernce to that contract. system just gives me a warning that sales order quantity exceeds contract quantity. I want error in place of warning.

How can i do that?

Please respond.

Best Regards,

AI.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Modification has been done in the system to change system message from warning to error.

Best Regards,

AI.

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of changing warning message to error message " Message no. V1501 " .Go to VOV7 and Maintain Completion Rule for the contract item category , you will be getting error when you create sales order

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

What completion rule should i maintain there??? A,B,C,D or E?

Best Regards,

AI.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain rule B.

Make sure that in the copy control setting between contract to sales document, at item level update document flow is set with X.

The t.code is VTAA.

Regards

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain rule B.

Make sure that in the copy control setting between contract to sales document, at item level update document flow is set with X.

The t.code is VTAA.

Regards

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to VOV7 and select the item category and Maintain option B for the feild 'Completion Rule'. Also check by running a cycle and let us know wheather your issue has been solved or not

Secondly , in VTAA check the box " Update Document Flow"

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its of no use.What it does, it is not copying contract quantity to sales order. This is not what i want. I want that user cannot create sales order more than the quantity as mentioned in sales order.

Many Thanks.AI

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

in T code Vov7

you can select 'b" in completion rule.

also check this

Completion rule for quotation / contract

The rule for establishing when a quotation or contract is complete.

Use

You can, for example, specify that a quotation is complete only after its quantity has been fully referenced by subsequent documents. The system uses the completion rule to determine the status of a quotation or contract that has been referenced by other documents (by subsequent sales orders, for example).

Dependencies

If you want the system to apply the completion rule, you must first select the Update document flow field in document flow control in SD Customizing using the following menu path: Sales and Distribution --> Sales --> Maintain copy control for sales documents --> Copy control: Sales document to sales document (at item level).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not fulfilling my requirement. I think, we have to do modification in the system to change warning msg to error.

Best Regards,

AI.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said above in my previous post,

We have done the same thing, changing the message type from W-Warning to E-Error.

Check with your Technical Consultant for these changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi maintain copy control for your controct type to sales order type in that

item you should maintain the requirements Pos/neg quantity should be + then the eror message should come.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already did that but of no use.

Best Regards,

AI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

goto VTAA

select order types(source and target order type)

select item(contract item categories)

maintain "+" in the field "Pos./neg. quantity"

this will not allow you to create the sales order quantity more than the contract quantity

if you do so this settings will give error message

regards

senya

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AI,

In our project also,

we have faced similar case, where we need to create release order wrt: Contract . In Std SAP, it only gives warning message when we try to create order more than the qtty specified in Contract.

So with the help of Abaper, we have converted this warning message into ERROR message.

hope the same will also work for you.

Edited by: Reazuddin MD on Oct 16, 2009 11:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the Transaction code OVAH and select the message and put the status as E

Path: SPRO->SALES & DISTRIBTIONS->SALES->SALES DOCUMENTS->DEFINE VARIABLE MESSAGES.

Hope this will solve.

thanks,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message no. V1501 is not in OVAH.

Best Regards,

AI