cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP qty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

While creating sales order if we provide required delivery date as todays date or 5 days more than todays date system is showing ATP quantity under procurment tab.

Where as if we give required deliverry date as more than 5 days from todays date system showing ATP qty as 9999999999.

why is it so?

Please provde your valuable guidance.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

Go to Transaction OVZ9 Check whether the check box for "check without RLT" is unchecked.

Check it (tick mark) it.

Please confirm

Regards,

Anand.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Thanks for your help.

I checked it , it is unchecked.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Thanks for your advice,

I want to share with everybody that when we checked RLT check box in OVZI. system is showing correct ATP qty.

Thanks anand.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratap,

you have changed that in OVZ9 and not OVZI.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Yes you are right, it is OVZ9.

Sorry for typing wrong t code.

Thanks for guidance.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ATP means Availability to Promise. As the word it self says, ATP Checks the possible date that you can deliver the relevant material stock to the customer.

Based on the lead time data that you have maintained in the material master (Eg: In-house production, GR Processing Time, PIanned Deliv. Time) system check how many days you need to meet this demand.

MRP 2 tab in material master.

Imagine you don;t have any stock as at today for Material A.

Let's say Material A has GR Processing Time = 5 days (Which means you need minimum of 5 days to get the stock in to your warehouse)

If a customer places an order for 10 from material A where he needs it today itself, once you do ATP for that SO/LI, it'll say for today it's 0. Therefore it goes and place it under Procurement tab, which means you need to purchase to meet that that demand.

Where as if you set it 5 days more, system finds it as 9999999. Because you can receive stock to your warehouse within 5 days. So if you place a order today you can receive any amount of stock from 5 days time.

That's why it says 999999 for 5 days lead time for a Requested delivery date & 0 with Procurement tab for today's' date or below 5 days.

Best regards,

Anupa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anupa,

Thanks for your valuable guidance.

I have not mentioned lead time data in the material master (Eg: In-house production, GR Processing Time, PIanned Deliv. Time) .

Also in MRP 2 tab in material master, I havent specify GR Processing Time & material with 150 qty is availabe in unrestricted stock.

In this case what you suggested is not applicable.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Checking rule you are using, either 01 - Dialy req or 02 - Individual req.

We faced the same, in case of 01 checking rule. Actually for our requirement we supposed to use 02, Checking rule in Material master data incorrectly maintained.

01- Daily req case,

based on RLT time system assumes that the required quantity available as on specified date, if RLT has not maintained, then date wil be calcualated from the Routing in PP.

Try changing checking rule from 01 to 02 n test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using 02 only.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using 02 only.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos