cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving file from Target to Archive Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Scenario is that we have a .txt file in Target directory in SAP PI (AL11) and when an arching Script is run this file is moved from Target folder to Archive Folder and also uploaded in R3.

Now the requirement is that the file is transffered from Target to Archive folder without being processed.Now the user want the file back in Taget folder from Archive Folder also user also wants to know who has run the Script.

Please let me know how to put file back from Archive to target folder and check the log as who Run the Script.

Regards,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

I think i am not getting your question

>>when an arching Script is run this file is moved from Target folder to Archive Folder and also uploaded in R3.

Now how the script is run? using OS commands of File adapter or by some other means

>>Now the user want the file back in Taget folder from Archive Folder also user also wants to know who has run the Script.

For getting it back in Target folder, you can manually copy it. Also to see who has done this you need to check how the scripts run. If it runs as a standalone one then you need to see whether in the system you have some log files of the run. If file adapter runs this scripts then check the Communication channel monitoring log (BTW it if was File communication channel which invoked this Scripts then the message would have sent to PI. Need to recheck that too)

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply...

I have manually copied that now can you please tell me how can I delete a file from target folder in AL11.

Regards,

Nidhi

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

I always use sender file adapter to do this deletion act

Also if your system is

Windows/Unix : Go to the directory and delete it. The task is to find the correct directory

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

suraj I need to manually go and delete one perticular file.

I can access that directory in AL11 but do not have any option of deleting it.I dnt have access to server and cant not use file adapter for this.

Regards,

Nidhi

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

>>I need to manually go and delete one particular file.

You can delete it provided you have access to the physical machine and you know the correct path. I guess this is the starting path /usr/sap/<sid>/DVEBMGS00/work/<urpath>

>>I can access that directory in AL11 but do not have any option of deleting it

al11 is used for viewing directories so you can see but cannot delete

>>dnt have access to server and cant not use file adapter for this.

Why not file adapter? If you have the complete filename you can give it in the filename of adapter and it will delete that file alone.

Else consult your Basis team and ask them to delete

Regards

Suraj

Answers (0)