cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding LDAP User store to UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to authenticate users against an LDAP server. This works fine from the workbench where the UME ContentSource is database_only. However, the central WebAs (Netweaver 2004) was installed with ContentSource of r3_rw. According to the documentation, a prerequisite to adding an LDAP user store is: "You have installed a SAP Web Application Server Java where the UME is configured to use the database of the J2EE Engine as data source." Since our WebAS Java is not configured this way, is there any way, short of re-installing the server, to add an LDAP user store? TIA,

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not obvious (to me!) is the fact that if you install Java as an Add-In SAP Web AS (ABAP+Java) UME is automatically set up to use ABAP, regardless of how you respond to the LDAP question during installation! I'm re-installing...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Since we are on ABAP+Java, I wonder if I can just follow the "Deleting a Java Add-In Installation" procedure in the installation guide and re-install it with the correct configuration? Has anyone tried this? Or should I just blow the whole thing away and start from scratch?

Steve

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Once you choose an ABAP data source, there is no going back.

You can however synchronize the ABAP with the LDAP server. Have the ABAP user management periodically import users from the LDAP server.

-Michael

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, I should amend my comment. There is no going back, short of reinstalling.

-Michael