cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta anomaly?

mmcnally
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have 10 plants, and our architecture calls for 0MATERIAL to be loaded into 10 separate infoproviders, one for each plant. Since we want delta loads, we ran for each plant, an initialization with the selection criteria set for the plant, which worked perfectly; then when we set up the delta load, we again set the selection criteria for the plant in question, but after 'saving' the infopackage, a review of the selection criteria showed thet the system had inserted all plants.

Why is the system entering all plants as selection criteria? we only want the delta to apply to one specific plant. Can anyone explain this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello J Michael,

A delta requested after several initializations, contains the sum of all the successful initial selections as a selection condition.

Please check this explanation from SAP help

To request deltas, you need to have initialized the delta process.

For selection criteria that do not overlap, several initialization criteria are possible for initializing the delta process when scheduling InfoPackages for data from an SAP system. This gives you the option of loading the relevant data for the delta process, step by step into the Business Information Warehouse. For example, you can load the data into BW for cost center 1000 in the first step, and the data for cost center 2000 in the second.

A delta requested after several initializations, contains the sum of all the successful initial selections as a selection condition. This selection condition can then no longer be changed for the delta. In this example, data is loaded into BW for cost centers 1000 and 2000 with a delta.

Please check this link for more information

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a65dce07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Praveen

mmcnally
Explorer
0 Kudos

What I did was to set up ten separate Initializations, one for each of plants 010 through to plant 100. In the first initialization, I specified in the selection criteria, plant 010. It worked fine. Then I created an infopackage for the delta, where I again specified plant 010. Then after saving the infopackage, I clicked on the 'Selection' tab, and I see entries have been made for plant 010, 020, 030, etc up to and including plant 100.

I don't want deltas for all plants; I only want changes to plant 010.

Mike McNally

mmcnally
Explorer
0 Kudos

Folks, I made a mistake in describing the problem: it was not 0MATERIAL, rather it is 0MAT_PLANT. I apologize. We think only in terms of Material, but the problem is with Plant Material. But the problem remains unchanged...

Mike McNally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Just try to run an initialization request for only the plant required for delta loads. Then your delta gets enabled only for your particular selection.Later on load the Repair requests for other selections.

Hope this should solve your problem.

Thanks,

krish.

*Assigning Points is a way of saying Thanks in SDN.

mmcnally
Explorer
0 Kudos

Krish, that is exactly what I did. I ran an init for a plant, one plant; then after the init was successfully completed, I set up a separate infoPackage for a delta load. On the 'Data Selection' tab, I again entered that specific plant number, and none other.

Then after saving the infopackage, I go back and check the 'Data Selection' tab, and BW has entered ALL of the plants.

Check it out yourself, go to 0MAT_PLANT, and simply set up an init, run it, then build a delta infopackage, you'll see.

Mike McNally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I told you to do repair requests for all other selections.Just do a Init load for only single plant that requires delta from next run. I am also checking with my system. but make sure you do Init for only one plant and load Repair requests for others.

Thanks,

krish

mmcnally
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have not run the infopackage for the obvious reason that it was flawed, because SAP had added the additional plants to the selection criteria.

If I understand your suggestion, you are telling me to run the infopackage, then remove the requests that address th additional plants.

This is not a viable solution in my view. I've got around the problem simply by carrying out full loads.

The original question is why does SAP BW behave this way?

Mike McNally

Former Member
0 Kudos

J Michael

Try to setup 10 different Delta Infopackages for different selection criteria.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat