Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same logical systems for two environments productive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

I have a question for ALE

There are two production systems a copy of another, who want to connect both to configure the ALE, but by mistake, both systems were the same logical system when they made the copy. Since this change takes months. At the moment I can not make this change in BDLS because it is a productive environment.

When trying to configure the ALE, I am have problems with the logical system name, although one of the settings I gave it another name when you configure the transaction BD64.

Guys, what I find solution to configure the ALE, without changing the logical system to a productive environments ??????

Regards,

Desiré

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But why do you not create a new logical system name for one of them and make it client role test.

Then go to BDLS and then convert all tables with reference to the old logical system to the new.

Why do they need to be both productive clients, it sounds liken you have done a system cop. Have you given one of the copies a new SID name ?

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark, thanks for the replay.

I understand also that the solution is to execute the BDLS to change the logical system and convert all tables to new logical system.

I don´t know how the process copy for both system productive.

The problem is that both environments are connected to BW, and other applications and they opened an OSS note to SAP consulting and and the answer given is that they did not recommend changing the logical system.

I thought if there was another way to configure ALE without having the problem of changing the logical system environments.

Regards,

Desiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Mark

I need both productive environments, because i need to replicate data the vendor master and DMS from both systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Have the two productive environments have the same SID ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark, yes is the same SID for the both systems