cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during DEPLOY_ONLINE_DEPL of EHPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am posting this message as a second message to same problem because my first attempt was not readable. And I have narrowed my problem.

I am updating a PI system (dual stack) from NW7 SPS14 to NW7.01 SPS3 using EHPI.

It fails during the DEPLOY_ONLINE_DEPL of the Java side.

I have double checked the SAP*(java) and SDM user passwords and also the user store is correct.

The reason is because the SDM server is being shutdown by the SAPjup.

The failing step is deployment of SAP_JAVASL with the message "Cannot update SDM. Could not auto-update SDM Server. Cannot execute java process for AutoUpdate. return code condition success evaluated to false for process java.exe for action ACTION_AUTO_UPDATE".

I understand that the SDM is being patched during this step, so it makes sense that the SDM server is shutdown during this step. However at the same time the JSPM is trying to auto update the SDM.

How do I progress through this?

Kind regards,

Dave

Edited by: Dave - Fin on Oct 14, 2009 9:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't do cross posting..

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ajjunit84
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure ,but since in PI 7.1 there is no SDM but in 7.0 there is a SDM, not really sure how it will impact.

Can you go to the SDM directory and see the latest logs there under log folder.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

Yes, I have been looking at the SDM logs.

There are now errors as it seams to be functioning as it's told.

Anyhow, as suggested above by Sunny, I think I made a mistake by 'cross-posting' 2 threads for the same problem, I can see how this might cause confusion. So I am marking this question as answered and I would appreciate any feedback on the other thread.

Kind regards,

Dave