cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN for VA05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm trying to save the layout in VA05. But, i've a problem.

When i enter the parameter SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN with value X or U or A. It still doesn't work.

I even logged back in after making the changes.

What is that i'm doing wrong? Please suggest.

Thanks!

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the informatio very helpful.

One more question. I am now able to create a display variant in the results screen as required. Is it possible to transport display variants? I know how to perform this process for initial selection screen but not sure if there is the same functionality provided for transports display variants.

Regards,

Chris

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

Where are you trying to save the layout? Is it the initial screen in VA05 or is it the results screen in VA05?

If it is the results screen in VA05 the SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN setting in Su3 should work.

If you are talking about saving the input criteria on the main selection screen in VA05 then unfortunately you cannot. This functionality is not available in the standard system (Starting from release 40A the list transactions changed over to ALV

(ABAB List Viewer). For ergonomics reasons inactive functions are also show on the menu, but are greyed out).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

I'm trying to save the variant on the initial screen of VA05. Looks like, we can't save it here. Can we?

The path, SETTINGS=>lAYOUT=>SAVE(which is graded out). However, When i click on Disp. Variants, i'm able to see some. was wondering, how to save my own variant.

Regards,

SK

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned before, execute VA05. Then in the output, select the columns that you want. Then save the output layout as variant. Remeber you need to save the variant starting with /.

Once saved, when you re-run VA05, you can see your variant in the display variant list.

Regards

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

Unfortunately you cannot save any variant on the initial screen. SD_VARIANT_MAINTAIN has no effect here.

Sorry.

Best regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! for the update...

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes once you maintained the required value in SU3, then go to VA05 and from top menu bar select Settings => Layout and choose administration. click on default setting for your layout ( you get right symbol for your layout) and save it

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm still unable to do that. The Administrator tab is graded out.