cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to develop a component inside BC that gets a partial idoc (for example, a master data chage) extracs the key from it and asks the ERP for the full idoc using this key.

I am able to get the partial idoc from ERP to BC

I am able to parse the partial idoc inside BC and exract the document key

I don't know how I ask BC to query the ERP for the full idoc using the key I have.

can some please help?

Thanks

Gideon

(SAP LEOD, Israel)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you get the complete information in IDOC in first instance itself. Later you can drop the information that is not required by you.

If still necessary, then you can call an RFC connection passing the document key and retrieving necessary information of IDOC.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

I would be glad to get the full idoc but I don't know how. If a master data change takes place, the ERP knows to send only the partial idoc with the change and not the full one.

If you know how to configure the ERP so send the full idoc every master data change, I'd be happy to know.

Thanks again

Gideon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you describe the scenario you are working on and IDOCS that you are using...

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for example lets take MATMAS.

I configured a change pointer that will create an idoc every change a user does in MATMAS objects.

When a user changes an object, the ERP creates a partial idoc that includes only the segments changed and not the full idoc.

If you know how to configure the change pointer differently so I can get the full idoc every change, I'd be happy to know.

Thanks

Gideon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess your query has already been answered in another thread. Please use that blog by Michel and that should server your purpose.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh S.Tawate

Former Member
0 Kudos

not quite, unfortantely...

The problem with the offered solution is the fact it requires writing code inside the customer's ERP.

I am looking for a way to do it only using configureation and not by extending functionlity with code.

Gideon

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Bussiness Connector Development is the same as WebMethods development, if you post your query in WebMethods forum you will get perfect answer i guess :)I dont think so there is any forum available in SDN.

Cheers,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would try searching http://www.wmusers.com/....as this forum is for PI.