cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Roadmap for ABAP+BW Technical consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody please guide/mentor me in choosing a career in SAP CRM? I am a computer science engineering graduate with very good knowledge in ABAP and BW. Also possess good knowledge in SD module. I strongly want to enter into the next stage in my SAP career and i feel SAP CRM is the ideal choice for it.

What are the areas in CRM which a technical guy can explore? My company is currently implementing CRM and they went to hire external guys rather than training existing resources. Is it really tough to train a guy in SAP CRM?

After going through many forums, posts and questions, i came to know that there is one CRM technical course offered by SAP which is CR555. But, i feel that course is more for basis consultants and not for abap consultants. Correct me if i am wrong.

Any roadmap(technical), online resources, books, interview questions on CRM are greately appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

You have decent base for entering into SAP CRM. With a knowledge of SD, ABAP & BW, I would suggest you to first start with CRM Sales. The course is CR300 "CRM Sales" i.e. Sales Order, COntracts, Quotations, Opportunities etc. Then you can choose CRM Marketing because that requires a good knowledge of Analytics. CRM Sales would be easier for you to start with. However it depends on your company requirements that which modules they are implementing.

Other modules you can get training for is Interation Center, INternet Sales & CRM Service.

CRm Service is also suitable for you but after Sales & Marketing modules.

Off late I heard that there are some private institutions providing training in CRM in Pune & Hyderabad.This you need to explore yourself as this is completely unofficial info. Best is to get training from SAP authorized vendors or even better to get involved in a project & learn it on the job.

Let me know if you have further queries.

Best Regards,

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From a CRM Technical perspective you should know the following concepts.

1. ABAP

2. ABAP OOPS

3. BSP

4. PCUI

5. CRM Middleware (Its very good if u know this)

6. EEWB

So all the remaining TOPICS which were mentioned in the previous mails like CR100, CR555, CR600, CR800, CR900 …etc will give you knowledge of CRM from functional perspective.

As you are strong in ABAP, its better u first concentrates on the remaining topics which I mentioned above.

For CRM middleware u can refer CR555 or CR500 which will u a very good idea of how CRM Middleware works…..

For CRM Functional overview u can refer CR100 (CRM Overview) and Base Customizing which u must know before u start working in CRM.

Once you started working on these u can slowly learn the remaining concepts in CRM like Sales, Marketing, Internet sales, CIC, Mobile Sales, Analytics, Channel Partners etc……..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

CR-555 is Middleware course and ur in the right track to choose CRM with your knowledge in functional@technical sounds good.CR-555 is not basis it talks about data exchanges between the systems...

Hope it helps