cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders in SAP HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am new to this Community. I hope you all are doing fine.

I have a doubt in Monitoring of tasks (0019). We have tasks like Expiry of Visa, Expiry of Iqama etc.. in our company's requirements. I have configured the Monitoring of tasks in spro at Evaluation Basis and maintained infotype 0019 also.

My doubt is how to created reminders so that the employees receive a mail or pop up on the reminder date?

Any help or inputs in this connection would be appreciated very much. Please guide me as this is urgent task for completing my configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Imran khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

You need to use Dynamic actions to send the email.

Regards,

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmad,

I knew I would get the first reply from you only coz I have seen the related queries in this forum solved by you earlier.

By the way, your input has given me a clue.

But honestly, I tried to learn writing the dynamic actions. but its quite confusing. Anyways, i will try to sort this out.

Thank you for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I dont know much about dynamic actions. This example might help you:

Requirement: When the postal code or the city of an employee’s permanent residence is changed in infotype 0006, an email should be sent to the administrator.

INFTY SUBTY FIELDN FC NO. STEP VARIABLE FUNCTION

0006 1 ORT01 06 001 V PSTLZ

0006 1 PSTLZ 06 002 M M0001

The V statement on line 001 is used to link the two fields to the M statement. The statements relevant to field PSTLZ are also applicable to the ORT01 field.

When a record is created or changed in infotype 0006 of permanent address, an email is sent using the feature M0001. Information such as the recipient address, subject, and content of the mail is derived from M0001.

Regards,

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ahmad.

This has helped me a lot. I think I will find a solution to my query.

You have been very helpful to solve this. I will get back to you once i solve this.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i don't think this can be achieved with just configuration. The only way will be to create a job that will run daily and will invoke a program that will read infotype data and take actions.

I don't know of any such standard program, so probably you'll have to write it yourself.

Dynamic actions take place when someone is maintaining some infotypes. With dynamic actions you can send e-mail the moment someone is saving an infotype record, and I think it's not what you want.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for the inputs. You are right. We use dynamic actions only when there is some change made to infotype etc..

Out of exploring to solve this problem, I came across tcode SCMA and SCMO which I think are similar to what you have said. Please let me know if this can be used to schedule the task daily.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

Jacek is right. You can schedule a job(tcode SM36) for the report which can run periodically. There are some standard reports like 'RPPTRM00' or query "DATE_MONITOR" from user group "/SAPQUERY/H2" for Monitoring of Tasks. Also you can create your own query or report. In these reports enter the reminder date as the current date and schedule the report for daily job in sm36.

Regards,

Ahmad

Answers (0)