Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set email recipient to test email in non-production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are running SRM 5.0.

We would like to implement the system so that it detects if the current system is a production system (by SYSID for example)and if not, when a document, such as an RFQ is published, the email notification goes to test email address, instead of the real vendor or bidder's email address. I am wondering if there is a BADI or user exit that would allow us to achieve this gracefully.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_feichtenschlager
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

If you do have a test system aren't the vendors/bidders also test vendors/bidders. And if that's the case, why don't you provide these test vendors with test email addresses?

Or do I miss something?

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

As strange as it might sound, the DEV and TEST systems of my client's have the real vendor data, which includes the real email addresses. So the question remains as how to develop and test in DEV and TEST by programmatically routed to some test emails, e.g. the tester's email account, for email notifications.

Thanks!

Jay

franz_feichtenschlager
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

OK. I understand that your DEV and QUALITY systems are copies of the production and thus do have 'live' vendor data.

I still would be hesitant to make a program change to 'route' the emails to different receivers.

Depending on the scenario you've got implemented I would:

- Change all email addresses in backend and would have additional test of vendor replication (in classic and extended classic)

- Try to change the email addresses in SRM system (stand alone scenario)

On top of the above I would disable the live email addresses in SCOT. Thus no emails would go out to real vendors, but only to test email addresses, e.g. only emails to xxx at yourcompany.com

But in view of future maintenance efforts I would not change/add any BADI.

Cheers,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

Thanks for your helpful tips. Just to follow up, would you mind letting me know where in SCOT could I disable the email send out (hopefully not a system wide setting that would block ALL emails which is not desired in DEV or TEST); and if you were to programmatically do it, which BADI(s) would you need to implement the change?

Thanks again,

Jay

franz_feichtenschlager
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

In transaction SCOT you've got the 'General node data' for mail (SMTP). In this general node data you've got supported address type 'Internet'. In production this most likely is set to '*', which would allow sending to any email address. There I would restrict the mail addresses to certain domains only.

And yes, this setting would apply system wide. But I still think you shouldn't send to live addresses (outside your company) from your DEV and IMP system. You obviously could add address x at sdn.sap.com and then mails to that domain would go out.

As for the BADI. I would investigate:

BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF: This would allow the change of the output form. Maybe also the 'destination' e.g. mail address

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

Good luck,

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Franz,

Thanks again for your continous help. I think your hints make sense. I would continue to pursue the changes in the SCOT setting and BADI implementation.

Jay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasn't able to find a viable solution to programmtically change the email recipients for non-production systems within the following BAdI implementations:

 BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF

 BBP_PROCESS_BID

 BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

Any further suggestions would be highly appreciated.