cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI Take too long time to display messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I having some problem in PI 7.0 SXMB_MONI take too long time to display messages even I put date range only 1 day, but messages will display after 20 munites or sometime just processing no messages look like hangs... thats only in DEV system not in QA and not in PR system

Please let me know where should I check or trace why it take too long time...

Thanks a lot in Advanced

Angeline

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Angeline,

would you please let us know the Support Package level of the system as well as the database platform in use?

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harald,

I am using NW7, 2004s and support package: SAP BASIS SP16, PI_BASIS SP06, under OS widnows 2003, Oracle 10g

Thanks

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Angeline,

thanks for providing the details on your installation.

The background for requesting this data is that there are some issues known to certain Support Packages / DB platforms. In particular there are 3 SAP Notes dealing with performance issues of SXMB_MONI. We can rule out 2 of them as these notes are already included in SP16. The note remaining is:

1362116 XI3.0, PI7.00-7.20: Performance of SXMB_MONI

I have extended this note considerably and the new version was released a week ago. Thus, please check this note even if you already have applied it in the past.

Please let me know the result!

If this does not work out the next steps are pretty technical. We then have to analyze a run in SE30 / ST05 / Oracle Session Monitor. This exceeds the scope of this forum and should be handled by an OSS ticket. In case you open such a ticket kindly refer to this thread and then send the ticket to component BC-XI-IS.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kimer,

Thanks you very much for your attition about that issue, I will check that notes tomorrow, also I would like to tell you we have only 4GB memory in DEV system, and we can increase memory next week... lets see..

I will let you know tomorrow

thanks you

Angeline

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to rebuild the indexes of tables related to SXMB_Moni

SXMSPMAST - master table

SXMSPEMAS

SXMSCLUR

and SXMSCLUP

This has solved my problem.

Please check and do the following:

.For rebuilding Please go to DB02 go to detailed analysis fill the Object Name & execute it,now click on Table Index,Select the Appropriate index,then go to detailed analysis,Now check the storage Quality of Index.Ideally it should be more than 75%.If the storage quality is quite less then go to index menu & rebuild Index.next day you will not get any warning related to this Index

- Sandy

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angeline,

Check that your all deletion & archiving processes are running (especially backround jobs). The background jobs for deletion & archiving should be completing successfully. Then check that your table switch procedure is working.

Also do a persistence layer analysis (SXMB_MONI --> Persistence Layer). If I'm not mistaken, there is a recommended SAP Standard number of entries that should be in your XI Message table at any given point in time, then the switch procedure (along with deletion) should kick-in.

If the fill level is over approx 200000 messages (in persistence layer analysis) then you can assume that switch/deletion procedures are not working properly. The fill level can be over 200000 without SXMB_MONI hanging, the other possible cause is insufficient disk space for caching & performing reads on a large table.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Trevor,

Thanks you very much for nice and good answer

1. I already check Messages Que SMQ1 and SMQ2, all stick messages has been deleted there is no messages in SMQ1 and SMQ2

2. Integration Engine: Persistence Layer Analysis, Current full leve in % 37

Number of table entries 75600

could you please tell me the next step?

Thanks in Advanced

Regards

Angeline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are your persistance tables switching over? We have experienced very slow SXMB_MONI when this occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are your persistance tables switching over? We have experienced very slow SXMB_MONI when this occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have anything backed up or blocked in the queues?

Check with transactions SMQ1 and SMQ2 on your XI client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for reply,

I already checked SMQ1 / SMQ2

Result:

Number of Entries Display 0

Number of Queues Display 0

Does it mean someting ?, could you please tell me whats the next step

Thanks in Advanced

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already checked SMQ1 / SMQ2

Result:

Number of Entries Display 0

Number of Queues Display 0

Does it mean someting ?, could you please tell me whats the next step

It means its OK

There are some other really good advice given in the forum here.

Also you might ask your Basis team to look into the underlying systems to see if they are sized similarly. They can compare these stats in transactions like ST06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sureeeeeeeee. tanks