cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing value by URL between VC 7.0 and WAD 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a VC Dashboard and want to jump into a wad analyse query. In VC the user can select a month and this selection would be passed to the wad query so the 0calmonth filter in wad should be set to whatever month was selected in VC.

I have found some pdf tutorials but all of them cover the connection with wad3.x. They used build url with &FILTER_OBJNM=0CALMONTH&FILTER_VALUE=200909.

Apparently this doesn't work for wad 7.0. I added some buttons with commands to the wad query and I was able to restrict the filter just fine but when using this commands in the url nothing happened.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this great example of missing integration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias

This link explains how to use parameters to call web applications in BI 7.0.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/b2/e50138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

If you are using variables use "SET_VARIABLES_STATE"

You can also use the command wizard in WAD to help with the structure.

Here is an example url below using "SET_VARIABLES_STATE":

.../irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?&TEMPLATE=WEBTEMP&&BI_COMMAND_1-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_VARIABLES_STATE&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE=VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE-VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING=200909&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE=0CALMONTH

WEBTEMP = your WAD web template.

If you have more than one variable then you just need to repeat the structure again for "BI_COMMAND_2" and so on...

Hope his helps

Adam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

I made some modifications:

&BI_COMMAND_1-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=SET_VARIABLES_STATE&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE=VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE_TYPE-VARIABLE_INPUT_STRING=072004&BI_COMMAND_1-VARIABLE_VALUES-VARIABLE_VALUE_1-VARIABLE=0PCALMON

I changed 0calmonth to the variable name 0pcalmon

and I replaced the string 200407 with 072004.

Edited by: Matthias Gamsjager on Oct 14, 2009 8:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

But what if sombody is having more than six parameters.

The above code can be implemented upto six parameters.

I am having nine parameters to pass from VC to WAD.Please provide solution

Thanks and regards:

Anupam M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i came against the same restraint. 6 variables seem to be the limit here unless someone here has found a workaround?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Adam Sawley on Oct 14, 2009 9:19 AM