SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Plan Budget/Reset of Plan Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I entered the plan budget by transaction "FMPLCPD - Change Plan Data" in planning version. after that I executed the deletion budget program to delete this planning data. system deleted the line items from table FMBDP but not from table FMBDT.

Then I reset the plan data by transaction "FMCYRESET - Reset Plan Data ", Now system deleted the amount from FMBDT and created line items in FMBDP. After that I again executed the deletion program, system deleted the line items from FMBDP and updated the double amount in table FMBDT

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ignore my last posting. Please check OSS note 1096867.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP 2008,

What was the program name of the deletion program you used?

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos

I use the program RFFMKU_DEL_DATA or transaction FMKUDELDATA for deleting the budget for versions other than "0"

0 Kudos

SAP 2008,

The program RFFMKU_DEL_DATA calls an update to the Totals table FMBDT. If all periods are 0, it does not delete the line. If you do not want these additional lines, you can rebuild your summary table. Table FMBDT is the summary table to FMBDA and FMBDP. To rebuild the table, you can use program RGUDEL00 to delete just the Summary table, and then use program RGUREP01 to repopulate the Summary table from the line item tables.

An alternative to using RGUDEL00 is to go to SE14 and just delete and reactivate the summary table.

Hope this helps,

Todd

0 Kudos

Thanks for your Answer, I will check in system but my query is Why the System doing like that............... so that I can identify the problem and adjust it properly.........

Thanks

0 Kudos

Just be careful with SE14. In our case (EA-PS 600, SP level 21) program RGUDEL00 was unable to delete FMBDT entries, but program RGUREP01 said it is not designed to reconstruct total entries for ledger 9G. So make backup before deleting FMBDT with SE14.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, it's hard to say why they chose to code it this way. Most likely it was for convenience. In the program RFFMKU_DEL_DATA, Form DELETE_FMBDP, the programmer deletes the entry directly from FMBDP. To update the totals table, they call function module FMBD_UPDATE_TOTALS, which calls Form UPD_FMBDT in program LGLIUF0A. This update only updates the totals, and never deletes the line if all the period values are zero.

You probably have an argument to submit to OSS asking that they change this logic.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos

Thanks for your query

I am still unable to solve the issue, when the system delete the plan items from FMBDP, it update the total table FMBDT with double amount with deletion program. e.g if in table FMBDP amount is 100, deletion program delete this line item and update in total table with amount -200

Also in the report FMRP_RW_BUDGET - Budget Overview displaying the data with no line item

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you changed plan data, both FMBDP and FMBDT should be updated. Please check the planner profile you used: Spro > Public sector management > Funds management government > BCS > Budgeting > Budget entry > Planning > Define planner profile > highlight the planner profile and double click 'Table which can be planned' on the left; make sure summary table specified is FMBDT.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please ignore my last posting. Please check OSS note 1096867.

0 Kudos

Dear Minghong Ji ,

Thanks for reply, you are right to understand the problem and this problem solved in Note 1096867. This note is only valid fo EA-PS 110 , but we have EA-PS 200. When try to implement this, system does not allow to apply thec orrection given in note 1096867

Is there any other solution....

Please advise

0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of SAP you are in? Are you sure it's EA-PS 200? Last time, I understood that you work with 600.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Sorry about last reply ....we have 600....

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are several OSS notes out there. Just type keywords FMBDT and FMKUDELDATA. If none of the notes solve your problem, you might want to contact SAP. If a program delets line items without adjust the total, obviously something is wrong with it.

Regards,

Ming