0 Kudos

Regarding the Simple Sample: Approve Leave Request

In Destination Template Management I have created four Destinations:

LRQ_EMPLOYEE

LRQ_EMPLOYEE_META

LRQ_MANAGER

LRQ_MANAGER_META

These are using my S-user for Authentication

The documentation states that the services get mapped to generic users, though it doesn't indicate how this occurs. I assume that this is the reason for creating these extra Destinations. I am sure that a few months ago that this was working. Now this mapping does not seem to be occuring.

I noticed that the generic users LRQ_EMPLOYEE and LRQ_MANAGER have the role SAP_J2EE_GUEST, which suggests they may be used as guest users for anonymous access. I tried changing the Authentication Type of the Destinations to NONE, but this did not work.

My other thought was to replace my S-user with the generic users (LRQ_EMPLOYEE and LRQ_MANAGER) on the related Destinations. To do this I would need to know the passwords, which I don't.

Has something in the backend system been broken or am I doing something wrong? I am sure this was working a few months ago.

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Purpose of destination template to provide configuration related information for webservice (specially authentication) so generic user LRQ_EMPLOYEE and LRQ_MANAGER won't work.

Since it was working few month back most likely your subscription is expired so you need to register again on ESworkplace, it will reset your user account and password.

To check whether your s-user is still valid try to login on HU1 system or other SAP systems on ESworkplace, else register again.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav

My S-user has another month to go. I am using it in the other Destinations Templates with no problems.

Also, I am able to logon to the webgui of the ERP system

I can't display the technical objects in the ERP system in order to see how this is supposed to work, but my best guess was that before (a few months ago) my S-user was used for communication and then the generic users were impersonated somehow. This then gave the mapping to employees 1000 and 1009. I believe this is the reason why the annual leave simple samples have their own specific Destinations Templates.

Regards

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

For information:

The reason why I began testing "Approve Leave Request" again was because I was getting this problem with the beta BPM simple sample "Manage Leave Request".

So all three Leave samples (1 x BPM and 2 x non-BPM) seem to require specific Destination Templates.

Ideally I would like these specified in the relevant simple sample document or to be able to view the definition at http://ce.esworkplace.sap.com:50200/nwa/destinationtemplates

Regards

Jim

Christoph_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

thank you for this information and your beta test feedback. Actually to run the Leave Request (BPM) Samples against ES Workplace backend HU2 only the pre-configured users can be used for the 4 mentioned destinations. In the documentation of the Samples the procedure is described in case you plan to run the Sample against an own backend (where you are allowed to assign your user to the respective employee IDs).

We will update the documentation with the necessary information - I will post here once the new version is available.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph

I will wait for the updated documentation

Regards

Jim

Christoph_G
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

the updated documents for the Leave Request related Samples are up on the ES Workplace. You will find the necessary configuration information in the new Chapter "Local Configuration". Please check out and tell me what you think.

Best regards,

Christoph

Edited by: Christoph Gollmick on Oct 27, 2009 5:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Thanks very much.

I have hit a small technical hitch and will not be able to test again until Friday = it may be because the new system was being updated. PA30 was locked for example.

I will let you know then my results then and hopefully the problems I was having will be gone by then.

Best regards

Jim

PS: Also I saw that there were 5 new Simple Samples. The following two do not have SCA files on their web pages:

Change Sales Order

Create Sales Order Based On Customer Quote

Answers (0)