Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport request could not be released

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

im trying to release a request thru se09

after successfully releasing the task.the request could not be released.

it gives this error message

TEST CALL OF TRANSPORT CONTROL PROGRAM (tp) ENDED WITH RETURN CODE 0212.

<removed_by_moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards Walata

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Oct 13, 2009 4:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check/try the following to get more information:

1) STMS -> Import Overview -> select a system -> Goto -> tp System log

2) STMS -> System Overview -> mark a system -> SAP System -> Check -> perform the three tests in the menu (Connection test, Transport directory, Transport tool)

tp exit code 0212 means "could not access file as supposed (see SLOG for more details)". The file mentioned in the message could for instance be the transport domain configuration file. The error information in the tp system log (= SLOG) should make this clear.

Good luck,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mark,these are the results of the actions you specifiedWhen i tried to open the tp system log, this is wat i get"Could not open log file

wc40-altsapmnt ranslog"for the checksconnection test"connection to system DEV OK"transport directoryCheck transport directory      14.10.2009  10:36:27           DEV Development System                Transport directory                 bin  

wc40-altsapmnt rans in               Create test file        Read test file        Delete test file               buffer  

wc40-altsapmnt rans uffer               Create test file        Read test file        Delete test file               cofiles  

wc40-altsapmnt ranscofiles               Create test file        Read test file        Delete test file               data  

wc40-altsapmnt ransdata               Create test file        Read test file        Delete test file               log  

wc40-altsapmnt ranslog               Create test file        Read test file        Delete test file               sapnames  

wc40-altsapmnt ranssapnames               Create test file        Read test file        Delete test file               tmp  

wc40-altsapmnt rans mp               Create test file        Read test file        Delete test file    there is a ZIG ZAG arrow in front of each.while for the transport toolunder the tp interfacethe test was ok i.e. a green mark sign was there for all the items in the drop down listunder transport filethe check for path was marked okfor profile "tp profile cannot be read"for version "tp profile has an invalid formatunder RFC destinationthe test was ok i.e. a green mark sign was there for all the items in the drop down listunder tp callRFC and tp version successfulfor DBCONNECT "link to database failedoffline call "could not access file as supposedhow do i get the error information in the tp system log when i cant even view it

Regards WAlata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walata,

The zigzag icon indicates a test failure. It looks as if the transport folders are inaccessible from your SAP server. Can you do the following:

- Log on to the SAP server as user <sid>adm

- On the Windows desktop choose Start -> Run

- In the command box type
wc40-alt\sapmnt\trans

This share should open without errors or without requesting a password. If not, check that

(a) wc40-alt is indeed the transport host

(b) On the transport host, the users for all the SAP systems in the landscape are member of the local group SAP_LocalAdmin

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be more information the transport log.

In SE09:

Goto -> Transport Logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

the request is not been released.

the transport log gives

" transport logs only exists for released transport request