cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc from PI to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are there any issues related to sending an Idoc from one PI system to another PI system using Idoc receiver adapter? The reason I'm asking is that all Idoc XML sent from one PI system to another seems to be using HTTP/XI adapter.

Thanks!

regards Ole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heyy,

First of all are you able to see any Idocs in PI system , You dont .....

Find out any idoc exists in your PI System or not

REgards

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

It is possible to have some types of idocs in a PI system (Not the ones like ORDERS DESADV etc, but some idocs like ADRMAS etc can exist).

Since XI has an ABAP stack , we cannot completely rule out the possibility of having a IDOC-IDOC communication between PI- PI systems. BUt again..never tried it myself.

Regards,

Ravi kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Thanks for the update, we dont have complete list of idocs to fulfill idoc-idoc from PI to PI, thats why i comented in such a way.

any how thanks for directing me

@Ole: make sure that which idoc involves in your communication here

Regards

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When yuo use HTTP adapter in PI to PI system you are sending the message to the Integration server of 2nd PI.

Now if you use Idoc adapter in Receiver with a defined RFC connection (it will be type 3 connection to the 2nd PI), then the message from 1st PI is sent to the ALE layer and not to Integration server

and that's why we use HTTP and not IDocs

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks. So that means that the second PI system does not have any opportunity to process this further? I have not used this kind of scenario previously, only PI to SAP.

regards Ole

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Thanks. So that means that the second PI system does not have any opportunity to process this further? I have not used this kind of scenario previously, only PI to SAP.

Ideally yes. But again it depends ont he Type of your RFC destination if you provide it to be of T type then you 2nd PI may be able to process it. But I am not sure (we have never used IDoc for PI to PI communication)

Regards

Suraj