cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View document in material master, Basic data 2 screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

How to view a DIR assigned to material master - basic data 2?

According to help.sap.com:

Additional Function for Material Master Record:

In Customizing for the Material Master, you can define a standard document type by choosing Make Global Settings.

- Done this: assigned document type needed, created a DIR with that type and assigned it to a given material

Documents of this standard document type are displayed in the material master record, in the Basic data 2 view (Extras ® Document data).

- Information of the DIR can be seen in the main screen, no path Extras --> Document data (I know DIRs are shown behind menu path Additional data --> Documents)

You can display the original application files of a document (for example, an engineering/design drawing) directly from the object (for example, material) using a display application (viewer).

PROBLEM starts here: no icon or button to click in order to view the document although the help states so.

Any idea what should be done? Should I install a software of some sort to view? Assign it somehow with SAP? The document type here is doc (MS Word), so nothing special.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

BR,

Pipsa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pia,

No need of additional software, as it is DOC file.

Please go to transaction code DC30 and add entry for DOC (MS Word), metion mime type as "application/msword"

Then select application type and define workstation appl in network, and entry as follows

Application type 1

Aplication %AUTO%

Another note, if you can find orignal attachment in the DIR linked to material maser, try to double click on it to view directly.

Thanks,

Sam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Sorry, I think I described the problem inaccurately.

I could see the document already but for that I must follow the path Additional data --> Document data.

My core question was: Is there a means to allow a user to display the document directly in the screen Basic data 2 since system creates a new subscreen called Design documents assigned anyway?

It seems that the design documents assigned is for information purposes only. It would have been far better with usability to have the display icon in the main data.

BR,

Pipsa

Dudi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

in customizing for material master you can change the "structure of Data Screens" and show the dynpro with the "LInked Documents" in the view "Basic Data 2". This will allow you to do everything just as in the "document data"-tab within the "Additional data". But it seems to be buggy, when clicking the arrows to scroll down in a list of DIRs the material master will jump to the next view.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pia,

For this there in no standrds button in Basic data2 screen. You need to create a button with help of abap z-development which will allow you for direct display of dms documents.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra