cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Transportation Capacity in SNP and PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question on Transportation Capacity Resource:

I have set up a Transportation Resource with a Resource size of 28,000 KG, a Bucket capacity of 10. Therefore, representing 10 trucks with 28,000 kg capacity and a Period of 1 day. None of the other options in the SNP Bucket Cap tab - Planning Parameters are ticked

I have 2 Plants, A and B. We ship overnight between them and so have a Transportation Lead Time of 24 hours i.e despatched Day 1, available Day 2.

A Purchase requisition created in PPDS consumes the capacity of the Transportation Resource as I expected. The SNP94(2) view shows Requisitions totalling 252,000 kg = 9 loads = 90% capacity utilisation. The capacity load is placed in the daily bucket based on the despatch date. This is fine.

However, requistions generated by the Location Heuristic consume capacity very differently and the SNP94(2) view looks different. The capacity is the same as the PPDS example which is 10, but the capacity utilisation is calculated differently.

The capacity utilisation is spread evenly over 2 days so rather than 9 loads required for Day 1 u2013 it shows 4.5 loads required Day 1 and Day 2 (which seems illogical to me because the same Truck is being used both days). But in fact, the capacity utilisation figure is shown in KG and not loads. Therefore, Capacity utilisation shows as 126,000 KGfor both Day 1 and 2 with a utilisation % both days of 12,600%

Can any of the SAP Gods here explain why they are behaving differently and what do I need to do for SNP to show capacity utilisation as per PPDS (ideally) or at the least consume the Transportation capacity in the same way. I have tried a number of different settings but with no success.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Elamobel,

Chech when PPDS run is creating PR start time and the delivery time in most probabilities will be end of one day to end of next day whereas in SNP it might be starting in the middle of first day and reaching on the middle of next day. So thats why it is showing capacity utilised only for 12 hours in a day in SNP which is half of what PPDS results show you.

If thats the observation then use period factor in the Product master of the receiving location as end of the bucket or start as required by the business ( 0 or 1) or the T lane . that will solve ur problem as it will try to put all ur SNP generated receipts on the end of the bucke or start as required in PPDS. THis will show you the capacity utilisation as required

Do let me know if it solves your problem

-Regards

Virender

Answers (0)