cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

i am implementing ECC>Xi>SUS scenario for which i have to maintain the partner profile. I want to know that in ECC to whom should i create as a partner , XI or SUS to add my message type in outbound parameter.

Thanks

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod

Generally XI is a middleware and whenever ECC communication with another receiver we tend to create Partner Profile entry of that receiver

So lets say ECC system A is communication with system B, then in A we will create Partner profile for B and in outbound entry add the required Idoc.

there we need to specify the port. Now the port should point to XI (that is when the Idoc is triggered it shoudl be sent to XI and XI will forward it to Receiver B, so port we21 should be pointing to XI).

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for instant reply. I just want one more confirmation on this that i completed the end to end scenario by keeping the Xi as the partner(mentioned the port inside pointing to Xi) not SUS and the scenario run successfully.

so is it the case that we can keep any one as the partner(XI or SUS) but the port mentioned inside the outbound parameter should point to Xi.

Thanks

Vinod

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically it doesn't matter if you use the partner as XI or SUS, it makes business sense to have the partner as SUS only and internally pointing to XI system, because XI is basically a logical system, whereas SUS is a Business Partner like a Vendor or a Customer.

Tomorrow, if you want to exchange messages with another system like SUS, then you can create another partner profile (But Port has to be again XI's )

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

>>so is it the case that we can keep any one as the partner(XI or SUS) but the port mentioned inside the outbound parameter should point to Xi.

no it will not affect the working of interface.. but you need to see whether the receiver (in this case SuS) is a customer, vendor or logical system.

Regards

Suraj

Answers (0)