cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import block prices in one field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have another question an this time it is about the MDM Import Manager and a possibility to import an article with block prices [lower bound]; [purch org]; [price]; [currency]

Source File

Priceinformation

1;Dynamo Zentraler Einkauf;15.00;EUR;100;Dynamo Zentraler Einkauf;13.50;EUR;1000;Dynamo Zentraler Einkauf;11.50;EUR;1500;Dynamo Zentraler Einkauf;10.00;EUR;

Destination structure: [Screenshot|http://www.deutsche-bc.com/temp/MDM_Cons.jpg]

Is it possible to get the source information in a structure like the one in the screenshot? -

I tried the partitioning in the import manager and create for the lower bound, purch org, price/amount and currency a combined field but I was not able to map it or create a compound field for the u2018priceinformationu2019.

Regards,

Andi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are trying to import Qualified look up table basically.Follow the steps below

1)In Import Manager select the destination table(Price) and the source table (table containing info specified by you)

2)Map the Non Qualifier lower bound and Purchasing org.Do the value mapping for Purchasing Org(since it is a look up table).Perform the import.

3)In Import manager ,select the source table and then destination table as Main table

4)Map all main table fields.Map all non Qualifiers(lower bound and Porg).Map the Qualifiers (Price and Currency).

5)In the Source table fields right Click on Say Price ->Create Compound Field.Now Map the created Compound field on Source side with Destination Price Information field(Main Table).Do the Value mapping.

6)Perform the import as per the Matching field.

You can refer following documents

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00a15239-684e-2b10-b8ae-b936b7d1c1fe

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/c03240fa-cc3e-2b10-aa9a-a5798e319a6e

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha L on Oct 14, 2009 11:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andi

Can you transform you source data file to that format:

purch org; lower bound; currency; price;

as

Dynamo Zentraler Einkauf;15.00;EUR;100;

Dynamo Zentraler Einkauf;13.50;EUR;1000;

Dynamo Zentraler Einkauf;11.50;EUR;1500;

Dynamo Zentraler Einkauf;10.00;EUR;

then import it without problem

and about "compound filed" - What do you mean?

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kanstantsin,

thanks for your fast reply!

The price information data is in one cell and it is possible for me to split it in the format:

(purch org);(lower bound); (currency); (price);

this works.

But one vendor is not able to send the price information in such format. My intention is to split it with the MDM Import Manager function "Partition field/value" automatically in the right format. But there is only the possibility to split it in different values and not in different fields. So I cannot map it with the fields, shown in my screenshot.

In case of the compund field:

I use the above-named structure (purch org);(lower bound);(currency);(price) and import it in the followed mapping structure:

purch org <--> purch org

lower bound <--> lower bound

currency <--> currency

price <--> price

and all marked as compund field:

Compund field (purch org; lower bound; currency; price) <--> price information.

Regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First use the option split multiple fields delimiter string (In your case semi column ; )for the field you want to split it in the source structure.

After that, use option split in to multiple fields option in souce structure.

Hope it will solve your issue.

Thanks,

Narendra