cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error File FTP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to connect to a VAN system to poll/post files. We have configured the file adapter in FTP mode, but when trying to post/poll for files, we are getting the following error:

2009-10-09 07:17:57 Error File processing failed with An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '10.159.48.75:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient id]%[APRF] where either [recipient] or [APRF] can be omitted. (to change your current default SEND relationship). %% (places you in your 'HOME' TR). &['s'|'single'] ('get' command gets single file). &['m'|'multiple'] ('get' command gets multiple files). '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

2009-10-09 07:17:57 Error Adapter Framework caught exception: An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '10.159.48.75:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient id]%[APRF] where either [recipient] or [APRF] can be omitted. (to change your current default SEND relationship). %% (places you in your 'HOME' TR). &['s'|'single'] ('get' command gets single file). &['m'|'multiple'] ('get' command gets multiple files). '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

2009-10-09 07:17:57 Error Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server '10.159.48.75:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 501 Syntax errors in parameter. usage: %[recipient id]%[APRF] where either [recipient] or [APRF] can be omitted. (to change your current default SEND relationship). %% (places you in your 'HOME' TR). &['s'|'single'] ('get' command gets single file). &['m'|'multiple'] ('get' command gets multiple files). '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor..

Can we directly connect to the VAN using FTP in PI, or do we need to do perform some other configuration.

Regards,

Shiladitya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to use Seeburger's FTP adapter instead of normal FTP adapter.

Read this discussion for more information:

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I need to connect to the GXS system, which is a secured mailbox on a VAN system, to both pick/post a file to the GXS system. There is no mapping involved and PI just needs to send the file as is to the receiver. So in this case would I still need the Seeburger adapter to connect to the GXS secured mailbox system or is there any other alternative?

Regards,

Shiladitya

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you identified the way out ??

former_member423076
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Shiladitya,

DId you find any solution for the issue.

I am also having a requirement of using GXS secure system to post and pull a file.

Could you please let me know what all necessary steps to be done

Thanks

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need Seeburger's VAN FTP adapter to connect to the GXS system. Normal FTP adapter will not do.

Answers (0)