cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling G/L account in SC for some conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating a SC without material (special request) we need to only display the G/L account (change not possible) and disable the search help for G/L account.

Problem is if we change the HTML templete for SC it will effect for all cases (even when creating SC with material G/L is not editable). Is there any way to acheive this requirement?

we are using SRM 5.0 in extended scenario

Thanks & Regards,

Dublanc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dublanc,

you are right, if you deactivate it in the HTML template, this will be done for all cases.

As it is not easy to implement this kind of logic on HTML template, you should do it on the ABAP side.

Generally, the display of HTML fields is checking if it is enabled/disabled by the ABAP side.

If GL account field is disabled, the search help is unavailable.

To change this ABAP logic, change the PBO module modify_screen_tc from screen SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC 1000 (accounting overview), and maybe modify_screen from screen SAPLBBP_PDH_ACC 2000 (accounting details).

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

"Generally, the display of HTML fields is checking if it is enabled/disabled by the ABAP side."

It means that there is no need to change the HTML template?

I will try without changing the template and will check.

Regards,

Dublanc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dublanc,

Yes, there is no need to change the HTML template, and can be controled from the ABAP side.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirstope,

I could acheive the functionality by implementing the BADI BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI in the backend system. Its just inside the form modify_screen_tc.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Dublanc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dublanc,

you should have told me that you are on SRM 5.0.

Before this release, the BADI BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI was not called in accounting screen (because external screens were not handled by this BADI).

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to implement the BADI BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI in SRM not in backend as mentioned in my last post.

Christophe,

I mentioned that we are using SRM 5.0 in my first message of this topic. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Dublanc

Message was edited by: dublanc david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dublanc,

I am new to SRM.

I have a similar requirement where i need to make the GL account field uneditable.

If usage of the BADI BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI will solve the problem.

Can you please explain step by step process how do we go about the usage.

Thanks,

Vamshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dublanc,

WE can achive this very well by using

BBP_Document_change_BADI and

BBP_Document_Check_BADI

In change badi you need to check when ever the Gl Account is change for certain creteria (In your case Text materials ) and pass a parameter to global memory area if the Gl Account is change to Check Badi and in check badi you can throw an error that if this parameter = 1 then error = " GL acount for text materials cannot be Changed"

This will definetaly work.

regards,

Nimish Sheth