cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user change history

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus...

I want to know who changed the default output device of some users on our SAP system and the "last changed" information doesn't help me.

Is there a report I can use to give me a list of all changes to one or more users?

I know we can get all information about security changes through SUIM (Change Documents - For Users) but it does not give me the information I need...

thanks

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You're right ... the output device (or anything under the "Defaults" tab in SU01) does not get recorded in change documents. If the "Last changed by" does not help you, then it will be difficult to find out what happened. You might try the Transaction Profile in ST03, select SU01 and double-click to get a list of every user who executed SU01 during the selected period; that will at least give you a list of possible suspects.

To have some kind of audit trail in the future you might consider enabling table logging on table USR01 (via SE11 -> Technical Settings), but I haven't done this myself yet.

Regards,

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Which release and SP are you on?

Please check whether report RSUSR100N exists in your system? Since about 18 months or so, the system writes change documents for more user related security changes to the generic application change document history (tables CDHDR, CDPOS, etc).

The old report in an old SUIM tree does not see these records.

Table change logging and the audit log will be unlikely to help you either.

If all else fails, then there are still some forensic tools which can be used if you are fast enough. But I don't think the effort is worth it for a printer preference.

Perhaps your real concern is as Juan has indicated: SPAD - authorizations for the spool and devices?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

SAP release is 6.40

SP level is 24

Anyway, I see there's no solution to my problem. Maybe in a newer release?...

thanks anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search SAP notes for the term "RSUSR100N" and compare these to your SP level.

Most of the notes are CUA and role assignment related, but there are several other new records written to the CHPOS / CDHDR tables as well. I am pretty sure the printer device was one of them, but am not logged on now.

Give it a try. You will hopefully be applying SP's some time soon anyway...

Cheers,

Julius

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see that in SPAD or SM20

Regards

Juan