cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journals database on BPC NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can anybody tell me what is the application/table where the journal are saved or posted?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Header data is stored in UJJ_JRNL and line item detail is stored in a generated table. The name of the generated table corresponds to your appset and application, but the general format is /1CPMB/*****JRDT where the stars are 5 characters, the first two of which denote the appset and the last three of which denote the application.

Why do you ask? If for diagnostic purposes, go wild, but if you are thinking of building functionality on top of these tables, I do not think that the application is guaranteed to use the same tables or keep them in the same format in the future.

Ethan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David and Ethan,

I am working with BPC 7 NW and when I save a journal I cannot post it nor see it again. I have checked the tables mentioned by Ethan and I see that data introduced on the journal has been saved but afterwards I cannot post it!

This seem to be really strange to me, did you expect something similar? Do you have any idea of why this could be happening? Thank you in advanced,

Best regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome and please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Sushma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

The problem has been solved with the implementation of the patch mentioned on the Note you recommended us!

Thanks a lot for help!!

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ,

I am working on BPC 7.5 sp 15 but it seems some of the journals I have saved cant be retrieved through the journal query yet they are in the journal table. I have about 52 journals saved yet when I retrieve all journals I don't see journal ID 43 to 50.

Regards

Sifiso

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on SP03 then this is a bug. This has been fixed in SP03 Patch 1. This issue is caused by an incorrect date/time conversion on the .NET server. Since its caused by .NET Server so it is not fixed through a ABAP note but through a patch. Here is the Note which explains this issue: 1371175. You will find all the details in this central note. I hope this info helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushma,

Thank you again for the information given. We are going to implement the SP and we will get back to tell you whether this solves the problem on not.

Thank you again and best regards.

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of BPC NW are you using? Their is bug in SP03 or SP04, where after saving the Journal , the values would disappear and then you wont be able to post the journal entries. Probably you can check the version. This bug was fixed immeditely in the next service pack.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushma,

We are currently on SP03, do you know where can I find specific SAP documentation about this bug or a related OSS Note??

Thank you very much,

Best regards.