cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web-service: Endpoint type BAPI and commit

0 Kudos

hello,

we want to use as web-service the BAPI BAPI_PROCESS_MESSAGE_CREATEMLT. The documentation of this BAPI states that it needs a commit outside of the BAPI. We have generated the service with the wizard (SE80) without problems but can not make / start the commit.

After a lot of research, I found an example showing that in order to be able to make the commit via web-service, I would have to generated the web-service with the wizard with endpoint type BAPI. This would allow me to incorporated the commit / rollback service to the bapi.

I found this in a Microsoft documentation:

page 20 and 21 to make it short

But in the web-service wizard, I can not change the endpoint type and I am only to start with Endpont Type FUG (function group) or FUNC (function module) but I can never choose / select endpoint type BAPI.

SAP Version is:

SAP_BASIS 700-017

SAP_ABA 700-017

Should I activate something more ? Did I misunderstood something or make something wrong?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Pierre-André

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you create service then this problem is solved automatically else apply this note: BAPI Transaction Commit/Rollback methods option

SAP Note Number: 858291

Regards,

Gourav

0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, it does not help me very much. This OSS Note has already been implemented. The current problem is that I can not choose BAPI as Endpoint Type, so I even never reached the state where I can use this button.

Best regards.

Pierre-André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is strange, delete old service and then create it again in Se80. If you chose to create service provider then you should chose "BAPI" as endpoint type from dropdown.

You can also try same wizard from SE37, if nothing work then solution I can suggest is to create wrapper RFC and call BAPI inside RFC and do the commit there. Expose this RFC as webservice.

Regards,

Gourav

0 Kudos

Hello,

I opened a OSS and I got this answer:

This is actually a feature, and not a bug :). If you right-click on
a function module, the wizard already chooses the endpointtype
to be a function module. If you right-click on a function-group-node
and choose to create a web service, the endpoint function-group is
chosen by the wizard automatically.

If you want to create a service based on a BAPI, you should right-click
on a package within the SE80-tree and choose context menu to create
a service. then you should have the possibility to select BAPI as the
endpoint for the service to be created.

So the "start point" is essential for the possibiliy of choosing the endpoint type. From Package leve, I can choose any endpoint type, below not.

best regards

Pierre-André