cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for Project definition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We create project definitions with 12 char. Some time user misses out some characters hence I want to restric the same. I am trying to check the blank fields in the project definition using validation. I could succeed in stopping the user from proceeding in IDES through validation but when I applied the same logic in dev. client, it is checking but not stopping it from going ahead (I have given Error message only). The difference in the dev. client is that I have already created some validations for the PROJ-PSPID field. Is this disallowing the check or what should be the logic I should use to ensure all the 12 characters of the project definition fields are filled.

thanks in advance

Vinodh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

0 Kudos

Why don't you also try using program RGUGBR00 to regenarate validations for project definitions?

pan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

Try this,

Pre-requisite:

PROJ-PSPID Not Equals Symbol ' '

Check:

PROJ-PSPID :1-12: Not Equals Symbol ' '

This should help.

Note: The place where i have written Not equals symbol, there you insert not equals symbol. Its not getting displayed here.

Also, input validation name in OPSA in Project defn. field and Tick on Automatic Validation

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kabir,

Thanks for your reply. I tried your suggestion but it is again checking the validation and giving green signal / not stopping from proceeding further. I could not understand what / where it is going wrong as the similar condition in IDES / Sandbox is working fine. It is not working in Dev / Quality clients. We have ECC 6.0 / Version 604.

thanks once again.

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinodh,

If it is working in IDES / Sandbox and not working in other clients, then following things are possible;

1. The SAP release version & Level will be different in other Clients. Check the SAP system data and compare. An upgrade might help.

2. An OSS note to be applied.

You can try creating a validation for some other criteria for Proj Def and check if still the system behaves like that.

Regards,

Kabir