Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location for material to be made mendatory and default

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are generating PR of material through CJ2N. I want to make storage location filed in generatl data tab of material, mandatory as well defalut value depending upon the project. If defalult value can not come depending upon project defination then i want to make default value as blank but mandatory

How can i do this?

Regards,

Kalpesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To make LGORT field mandatory in component screen of Network/Order you can use User Exit.

Swapnil Kharul

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be achieved by customising the node

SPRO>Material Management>Purchasing>Purchase Requisition>Define Screen Layout at Document level>ME51Basic Data in the Field Selection Key.

Make storage location as Mandatory Field.

Please get guidance from your MM Consultant for this customisation

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalpesh,

The mentioned customising node in my previuos node is correct for your auto generation of PR too.also in that thread I have not mentioned ME51n.It is Me51, even though you generate PR from CJ20N, System at the backend is using this ME51 transaction to generate the PR.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kamal,

Create a screen variant in SHD0 for the Txn CJ20N by indicating storage location as required field.

screen no : ZCJ20N_2701

Regards,

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks. I got it, But now the problem is, when i am attaching an material with an ativity, storge location is directly coming (may be from material master). I dont want that. I want user to enter the storge location. How to do this??

Regards

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kalpesh,

In standard SAP the storage location will be an input field and no default values will get populated when you attach a material component in the activities as the material master will be extended to multiple storage locations.But in your case if is coming as default either some screen variant must exist or some parameter Id would have been maintained.Check Which & How the storage location is getting defaulted from your MM consultant.

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Can you please tell me where to check screen vairent or parameter id??

Regards,

Kalpesh