cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Business functions (EhP4) in SAP Solutions Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

We have activated business function "Advanced Returns Management" (ARM) in Enhancement Package (EhP) 4 in SAP ERP 6.0.

The equivalent SAP Solutions Manager version is Version 7.0 with EhP1.

Can you please indicate to us as to how to activate this business function (ARM) in SAP Solutions Manager?

With best regards,

Viji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viji,

I am not really sure what exactly you are after, but I will still try to help you out.

I guess you want to insert transactions, configuration objects and documentation about your enabled Business Function in SOLAR01/02 by inserting it from the Business Process Repository.

By switching on the Business Function nothing will change in your Business Process Repository, means if it was not there before, it will not be there after you switched on functionality.

However if you patch Solution Manager and SOlution Manager content to the latest level, your Business Process Repository and Products will have the latest content.

From St / ST-ICO 23 or higher, you will also have an additional tab called Business Functions in SOLAR01, where you can check for Business Function consistency.

Does that help?

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

The equivalent SAP Solutions Manager version is Version 7.0 with EhP1.

please elaborate more

there are no Business functions as such in the SAP Solution Manager Enhancement Package. The EHp1 for SolMan is just mandatory and active after the installation of SolMan >=SPS18.

HTH

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nesimi Buelbuel:

Thank you very much for the reply. Let me elaborate my question: -

Through EhP4 in SAP ERP 6.0 a new business function viz., Advanced Returns Management (ARM) has been introduced by SAP. This business function is activated in ERP through IMG (Transaction SPRO).

Afer activating the business function, Customizing for this is available under "Logistics General" in IMG (SAP Customizing Implementation Guide). Transactions for this ARM are available under SAP Easy access i.e., "Logistics - Central functions - Advanced Returns Management".

In SAP release information, it is indicated that for SAP ERP 6.0 - EhP4, the equivalent Solution Manager version is 7.0 - EhP1. However, in our Solution Manager system which is 7.0 - EhP1, we are not able to see this under Business Scenarios (Transaction SOLAR01) in either "Sales and Service Processes in ERP" or "Procurement and Logistics Execution Processes in ERP".

This is the reason for my question in asking whether any action is required in Solution Manager for activating this business function i.e., Advanced Returns Management (EhP4).

I hope the above will be useful for you to give further suggestions.

With best regards,

Viji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viji

In SAP release information, it is indicated that for SAP ERP 6.0 - EhP4, the equivalent Solution Manager version is 7.0 - EhP1. However, in our Solution Manager system which is 7.0 - EhP1, we are not able to see this under Business Scenarios (Transaction SOLAR01) in either "Sales and Service Processes in ERP" or "Procurement and Logistics Execution Processes in ERP".

please point me to that SAP release information

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nesimi Buelbuel:

Thank you very much for the immediate reply.

In the "Release_Brochure_LE_2009" (SAP's Release Strategy for Large Enterprises): -

Page No. 30 - EhP 4 - release in November 2008 -

Page No. 52 - Ehp 1 - release in December 2008

This is what I referred and understood. For your kind information please.

With best regards,

Viji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vji

I think you misunderstood that paper.

Sap Solution Manager is build on top of SAP Netweaver.

Sap Solution Manager EHp1 is build on top of SAP Netweaver EHp1.

From that we can conclude that Sap Solution Manager Ehp1 automatically gives you SAP Netweaver EHp1.

Here you have no business functions to activate. I guess this is your SAP system A.

SAP ECC 6.0 is build on SAP Netweaver 7.0

SAP ECC 6.0 EHp4 is build on SAP Netweaver 7.0 Ehp1.

This is your SAP System B. Here you do have specific Business Functions that you have installed and can activate via the switch framework.

I recommend you to go through the ECC MG https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000772192007E

HTH

Nesimi