Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

URGENT: SAP + SQL EM dead

Apologies for the cross post

Background:

No-one logged in license manager (apart from myself - manager)

No-one at the office (so no-one could have logged in)

Tried deleting a UDF on Item Master Data-> Warehouses. Got an error saying SERVER is still connected. We always get this unless we stop the mailer service. Hit ignore, then yes (to delete the UDF)

Hourglass appears, B1 looks dead (this is normal for a few minutes in this kind of operation). Did the same thing this morning, it took 5mins. After 20mins, nothing is happening. Not-normal.

Killed B1 (this is on my laptop), then tried going back in. Error (-1102)

Went onto my server, and tried accessing EM to see who was connected, tasks etc. to see what was going on. <b>EM doesn't respond once I click "databases"</b>

Look in taskmanager, and SQL is eating up RAM. Wait for a while -> Have to stop the SQL service/Kill EM.

Start the SQL service -> EM still doesn't respond when "databases" clicked. Restart server, no changes.

The only related SAP note requires me to be able to access my DB via EM to recreate the DB User, which I cannot do.

<b>This is a live server</b>, and people are going to come in on Monday expecting to work. Last backup is from Thursday night. Can anyone suggest what to do?!?!? Could my data really be damaged?

I promise I'll be a good boy and backup every time I touch a UDF from now on!

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question