cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change 'billing status' after making credit memo request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. This is Kwangkyun Choi from Samsung SDS in Korea as a SD system operator.

Our system can make billing documents from contract without making sales order and outbound delevey.

And the contract can use milstone billing.

When we make billing document using contract,

one of the milestone billing item's 'billing status' has been changed from A (Not yet processed) to C (Completely processed).

And also when we cancel the billing, the status has been changed from C to A.

BUT,

When I make CREDIT MEMO request referenced the billing document,

at that time the 'billing status' doesn't changed.

It was still 'C (Completely processed)'.

I want to change that value 'A'.

Is there any methods to solve this problem?

I couln't find any solution using customising IMG setting.

PLZ help to solve this problem.

Best Regards.

Edited by: Kwang-Kyun Choi on Oct 13, 2009 10:45 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Let me clear my thought on this issue related to Billing Status of the Billing Docoument. You want to change the billing status of billing document to not yet processed after you have created a credit memo request. If this is the case then my explanation would be as :

when billing document is generated and then Accounting document is also generated, the billing status is fully completed. Nothing is rejected here nor nothing is left over. When you are creating a credit memo request, which is of course created with reference to Billing document then the billing status under no circumstances can change to "not yet processed" as the billing process is completed. Morever you are creating the credit memo request to adjust payment for the cusotmer.

Hope this helps to understand !!

Regards,

Sarthak

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing the same case.

Did any one get solution for above requirement, to change the milestone billing status to A from C if Credit memo created against billing document through contract.Please help on the same.Thank you

Regards,

Sami

daniel_cunha1
Participant
0 Kudos

Any way to revert to "c" through the credit memo? Since I cannot reverse this process

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Choi

the billing status indicate the status of invoice. If it is "C" then it means the Billing is completely processed and nothing left in that which is required to be process, whereas when you reverse an invoice the status again changed to "A" which indicates that now you can process the invoice again as it is not processed.

Incase of creating the Credit Note Request it can not be changed to "A" again as the bill is already processed and you are doing a transaction with reference to that bill. And this is correct also.

Regards

Amitesh Anand