cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deletion flag set in ecc but GOA dont validate . Why?

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDN members

I create a GOA contract for x material but this x material set for deletion flag in ECC.

Why SRM GOA allows to create a contract for deltion materialin SRM .

ECC is an inteligent system not allowed to create a contract for deletion material in ECC as well as myGOA contract was not allowed to post the contract in ECC system via IDOCs.

I could not create a shopping cart for deletion material.

system will throw error message product x is designed for deletion.

Why SRM front is not validating the deletion material while creating GOA. Only ECC detects this error while postiong BLOARD . THIS AMTERIAL ISET FOR DELETION.

We expect SRM system also should validate GOA creation time like shopping cart creation.

SAP should take some initiatives on this and supply notes for us,.It helps every one. customer will be very happy.

assume i have created one contract for 200 materials and one material is set for deletion but all my contract is spoiled and everything will be held up in error in ECC.

Any note available for this?

br

muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Tamas_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

if you are created the GOA before you delete the material, than in this case you have to set the item in the GOA manually to Inactive. Until the GOA is not changed, wherefrom should the system know, that the material in the GOA is obsolete?

Also you have to wait a bit, until this deletion is running through to SRM and the material there is also set for deletion. Then you will get the same error. Is the material replication correctly done?

Regads,

Tamá

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas

customer always expects if the material is deleted in ECC, GOA contract material also must deletion (inactive) automatically,

OR

SRM should throw error message while I create a GOA for deletion material.

In SC creation it is validating but concern is that while creating GOA it is not validating.

our ECC system only validating when GOA tring to post in ECC . i get error after release only i.e error in ecc idoc.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Standard SAP SRM is behaving like that, we too have the similar problem. SRM is allowing to create/modify the GOA for a deletion flagged material in ECC without any error,Idoc's are going to error status.

In our case, one deletion flagged material is affecting entire GOA created with multi lines during modification. In this case we are temporarily removing the flag in ECC and then converting that material as Inactive in SRM and replicating to ECC and then again we are flagging that material with deletion indicator in ECC.

Please raise a OSS call for this and let us know if SAP come up with any solution for the same.

Regards,

Govarddhan.

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Govarddhan. I have done. waiting replies from SAP. the same problem we do face this like when contract has more item because of one bad material and whole contract held up. it is embarasing situation when business ask us.

look into this note

SAP Note 1122266 - Mapping of MARA deletion flag in

material download

this will work for if you delete a material gerally mm06 without mentioning plant.

if you set at flag at plant level it may not help.

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very Much Tams. you indeed helped us many times . I really appreciate your help. many many thanks to you..

Indeed you judge very well many SAP SRM incidents ....

I salute you.

Muthu

Answers (0)