cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register and unregister logfiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all

i have done a system copy with copy and paste the required files from on server to an second. To create an central instance I have start the sapinst with properties from a systemcopy (maxdb) He create an Database Instance with a wrong the wrong log and datafiles How register and unregister I the data and logfiles to start the database without the 9050 Error (cannot access File)

KG

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

first of all I've to say, that exactly this is not supported.

Exactly for the reason that you'll get into problems like the one you face right now.

Anyhow, it's still possible to change the location of all volume-files, just as I described it in my blog [Questions to SAP Support: "How to move MaxDB volumes?"|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11010] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

Still you may run into many other problems as well, since other parameters (like the size of the volumes) need to be adapted as well. And this is not possible via the DBMGUI.

You'd have to modify the corresponding paramters directly via dbmcli (param_put).

Make sure to run 'param_checkall' after all parameter changes you perform - otherwise important parameter dependencies may not be updated.

AGAIN: whatever issues arise from this "oracle-way of systemcopy" there won't be official support.

And, by the way, there's barely any advantage over doing it the supported way (via backup/recovery).

You could even do a system copy via remote pipes...

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

and thx for your helpfully answer.

KG

Martin