cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"4 - Eye Principal" - Workflow Modeling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

What is 4 Eye Principal ? I googled and found some standard definition like "2 activities are bound in a way that the person performing the first of these activities is not allowed to perform the second one also"

I am trying to find some technical definition.

How it is configured ? Any Guidance .

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oh, this is one of the easiest to achieve in WF

4 eyes means 2 people must see it.

Suppose one organizational unit needs to have a 4-eyes principal for validating some request.

With workflow you send the first user decision to the unit, or position, custom agent list, or whatever.

In the binding back from the UD task you remember the actual agent of that executed UD.

Next step you send the second UD to the same unit, position, custom agen list, or whatever, but you exclude the agent from the first step.

And presto, you're done.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Oh, this is one of the easiest to achieve in WF
4 eyes means 2 people must see it.

Thanks ROB, great thing to know, I am not aware of this term tooo , thanks for letting us know briefly about the principle..

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Errr,

This is sarcastic, right?

Cheers, Rob

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just a bit of extra information - the 4 Eye Principle means that at least two people must see/approve something.

You also see it referred to as the 'Dual Control Principle'. In German it's called the 4-Augen Prinzip.

If you ever need to search for it in a program or structure, try searching on 'C4EYE'.

cheers

Paul Bakker

Answers (0)