cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depot Returns to Plant ( Business Process - STO Depot to Plant)

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

i have a problem in Plant to Depot Returns

i am following below procedure for Depot returns to plant

Create STO

Create Delivery In Background

Create Depot Excise Invoice (J1IJ)

Billing

GR for OutBound Delivery

J1IEX - Capture & post Exc Invocei

while capturing excise invoice (J1IEX) for STO or GR document i am getting following error

Excise Invoice XXXXX 13.10.2009 of plant PLANT NAME does not exist

Please suggest

Regards,

Girish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also got the same requirement for our customer.

We have setup Depot return in the following manner:

1. Create Return STO (ME21N)

Doc.type UB, supplying plant = Mfg plant, receiving plant = Depot plant, Returns Indicator to be checked.

System automatically picks delivery type as NLR from config.

2. Create outbound delivery for the STO (VL10B)

3. Do GR for outbound delivery using MIGO - System issues goods from Depot plant using 161 mov.type; stock now shown in on order stock in mfg plant.

4. Create depot excise invoice and update RG23D register using J1IJ.

5. Post goods issue for the outbound delivery doc. - system increases stock in mfg plant now. MOv.type is 671

6. For RG1 updation in mfg plant, you can either enable mov.type 671 for RG1 or do a dummy transfer posting within the mfg plant (using mov.type 311)

7. Update RG1 register using the above matl.doc

8. Capture excise invoice without PO using J1IEX - here refer the depot excise invoice and enter all excise details manually and post.

Hope this is satisfies your requirement.

Regards

Prabhu

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in our case we are following the below procedure.

Actual Receiving Plant(Goods rejected plant) eg:DEPOT

STO- Retunr indicator ME21N

MIGO wrt:step-1, 161 mov type MIGO

J1IS- Excise JV :& Print Invoice J1IS

Actual Supplying Plant & receiving the rejected materials. eg: Plant

VL10F-STO Return Delivery- Mov type: 671(here, mov type will be triggered from Sch line cat: NR- should be changed from 677 to 671,if you want to use two step procedure)

J1IH - Other Adjustments ( used spl Sub transaction Type)

in this case, we are using the two step procedure. (in case of one step procedure , mov type used: 677)

try n revert

Edited by: SAP.Student on Oct 13, 2009 5:56 PM

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried the flow suggested by you. i am getting an error in J1IS. i

I used MATD, and matl document depot excise grp and series grp. and if i enter vendor(created with Plant name) isystem is giving following error Vendor not related to material document

Regards,

Girish

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In the flow explained by the other friend you need to create the reverse PO with document type UB

With document type UB system will not take as customer vendor relationship it will be supplying and receiving plant

I beleive you have done with document type UB

Regards

Raja

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

The document type used is UB only. In case of STO between plants, we create Vendor and Customers for Both plants.

i am using the same vendor in J1IS ( Vendor field in J1IS is mandatory). but system is giving above mentioned error.

Regards,

Girish

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Yes, you are observation is correct.

Customer/Vendor is mandatory field for the ETT: DLFC/ GRPO/MATD , but not for OTHR.

in STO Returns, we have to reverse the entry for the excise involved in the rejected material by the actual receiving plant. So use the Other adjustment -OTHR to key the excise amount manually, here material document used only for the reference.

try n revert if you still face any errors.

former_member756545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting that error in 3rd step. not in J1IH. it is allowing further if i enter customer number(plant Created as customer)

1. STO- Retunr indicator ME21N

2. MIGO wrt:step-1, 161 mov type MIGO

3. J1IS- Excise JV :& Print Invoice J1IS

Actual Supplying Plant & receiving the rejected materials. eg: Plant

4. VL10F-STO Return Delivery- Mov type: 671(here, mov type will be triggered from Sch line cat: NR- should be changed from 677 to 671,if you want to use two step procedure)

5. J1IH - Other Adjustments ( used spl Sub transaction Type)

Regards,

Girish

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you still getting the same error?

I hope earlier, you havent created plant as customer or not entered in Customer field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Create STO which must be created in receiving plant (Manuf.plant) by ME21N

2. Create outbound delivey order) and PGI w.r.t. STO in Depot.(VL10B)

3. Post depot excise invoice using J1IJ.

4. Post the Goods Receipt in receiving plant.

5. Post excise invoice number using J1IEX.

6. Verify Invoice using MIRO.

Returns from Customer to Depot

1) Create a Depot return sales order in VA01 with reference to original billing document

2) Create Delivery

3) Create Transfer Posting using MB1B with Movement type 453 and dont forget to make a note of the material document number

4) Go to J1IG, click "Capture". There enter material document number and the respective series group. Then click "details". Now select the line and click "More documents". Maintain the excise invoice number created at supplying plant.

Returns from Depot to supplying plant

1) Go to J1IG and click on red icon from the toolbar. Enter material document number created during MIGO, year,series group of Depot and hit Enter button. Now click on "Item" so that you will be taken to next screen where you can see line item for RG23D cancellation. Save so that system prompts you asking whether you want to cancel the entry. Click YES.

2) Verify this by going to tables J_1IEXCHDR & J_1RG23D. Check GRPO entry in both the tables where the status must have changed to "D"

3) The original excise invoice can be canceled via J1IH and check whether DLFC entry has the status "R" and at this time entry CEIV is also created confirming excise invoice and CENVAT reversal.

Regards,

Pherasath.