Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO to URL with Basic Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to realize SSO to an external Page which expects Username/Password in the request header and otherwise pops up a Login screen. I want to display the content inside an IView. Authentication should be on server side.

I tried App Integrator, but the Yahoo-Example shows only how to realize authentication inside a URL. Anyway, App Integrator does client side autentication.

I also tried authentication with Apaches HTTPClient, which works, but the content shown inside an abstract portal component has no correct links (somehow they all relate to the portal URL).

Does anyone know how this can be solved?

Many thanks in advance!

Juergen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would guess the SAP MSS-API could have worked, but you are using the Apache server.

I am afraid you have to go for some authentication tool to be inserted into the apache. Something that can receive an SAP logon ticket/certificate or SAML-ticket.

It may exist some third party tools that helps you with this!

/fredrik

2 REPLIES 2

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would guess the SAP MSS-API could have worked, but you are using the Apache server.

I am afraid you have to go for some authentication tool to be inserted into the apache. Something that can receive an SAP logon ticket/certificate or SAML-ticket.

It may exist some third party tools that helps you with this!

/fredrik

0 Kudos

Hello Fredrik,

I´m not using the Apache server, I´m using HTTPClient, an API to connect and authenticate to websites, to get their content.

The problem is, that the relative links (uri) inside a page (e.g. to an image) are resolved to http:///uri which doesn´t work of course. Is there a way to convert relative URIs to absolute ones, or how does a URL-IView or the App Integrator deal with this?

Hints are very welcome!

Juergen